'Spring Breakers' and 'Girls' Mashup Sends Franco and Dunham on a Wild Ride (Video)
To explore and contrast two of the most buzzed about stories, THR has put together a trailer of epic and angsty proportions.
Torn between your fixation on Lena Dunam's Girls and Harmony Korine's Disney-on-acid film Spring Breakers? That's quite understandable: they make us uncomfortable, but are so open, honest and scintillating, it's impossible to take your eyes off them.
Luckily, The Hollywood Reporter has created a mashup of these two most zeitgeist-y pieces of pop culture, in a video quite appropriately titled "Girls Gone Wild."
If you want to sound smart about it when you pass the video along, here's some crib notes: Both Girls' twenty-something angst and the material-nihilism of James Franco's rapper-dealer dynamo Alien (as well as his young, party-ready cadets) are comments on the self-absorption, desperation and confusion of a new generation, even as they take almost entirely different forms. Juxtaposing the two is very, very academic.
- Watch Kristen Wiig & Bill Hader Mock Reporter Who Pretended to See 'The Skeleton Twins' (VIDEO)
- Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Single, 'Yellow Flicker Beat,' Is Finally Here (LISTEN)
- Yes, Those Weird Rock Trolls Were Even a Part of the 'Frozen'/'Once Upon a Time' Crossover (VIDEO)
- NYFF Review: 10 Things You Should Know About 'Gone Girl'
- Cara Delevingne Fiercely Hits the Runway for Stella McCartney
- Tracy Morgan Faulted by Walmart for Not Wearing Seatbelt During Car Crash
- Adam Levine & Behati Prinsloo Have Nude Sex Scene in Maroon 5's 'Animals' Video!
- Rose Byrne & Glenn Close Have a 'Damages' Reunion at 'You Can't Take It With You' Opening!