Steve Martin, Owen Wilson and Jack Black Star in 'The Big Year' Trailer (Video)
Fox 2000’s comedy chronicles three men hunting to find meaning in their lives through bird hunting.
How entertaining could a film about bird watching be? When the bird watchers are Jack Black, Owen Wilson and Steve Martin, the film, The Big Year, holds much more promise.
The first trailer for the Fox 2000 comedy doesn’t focus on the bird watching aspect of the film, but rather the location-hopping of the protagonists. All three men are looking for meaning in their lives, and set out on the competition to spot the most rare birds as a way to find a purpose for themselves.
According to the trailer, the project, directed by David Frankel (Marley & Me), promises plenty of physical humor and location jumping, from snowy mountains to dry deserts. “Most people wake up one day and realize they didn’t do everything they wanted to do,” says Martin’s character.
The film is based n Mark Obmascik’s best-selling non-fiction book, “The Big Year: A Tale of Man, Nature, and Fowl Obsession.” Jim Parsons, Rashida Jones, Anjelica Huston and Dianne Wiest also star in the film. The Big Year is set to open on October 14.
- Sam Rockwell on 'Laggies,' Dancing in Movies, and Playing More Subdued Roles
- Zelda Williams Honors Late Father Robin Williams With New Tattoo
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'John Wick,' 'The Hunger Games,' 'Jane the Virgin,' & More (VIDEO)
- James Spader Says His 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Villain Is 'Bats--t Crazy'
- Fergie Talks Baby Boy Axl on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show'
- Behati Prinsloo Had an Inspiring Night at the Global Leadership Dinner
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' In Jeopardy After TLC Discovers Mama June Dating Convicted Child Molester
- Halle Berry Debuts Lingerie Line, Says 'I'm Always Looking at Women's Bosoms Now!'