Exclusive Media Options Stewart O'Nan Novel 'The Odds: A Love Story'
John Lesher and Christina Liao of Le Grisbi Productions and Julie Yorn of LBI Entertainment are also on board to produce.
Exclusive Media has optioned all rights to Stewart O’Nan’s latest novel, The Odds: A Love Story. The company plans to develop and produce a feature with John Lesher and Christina Liao of Le Grisbi Productions and Julie Yorn of LBI Entertainment.
O'Nan's novel, published by Viking in January, follows a struggling couple on the verge of bankruptcy and divorce who go on a last desperate gambling trip to Niagara Falls, the site of their honeymoon. Exclusive's Matt Jackson will shepherd the project.
“Stewart O’Nan has a unique literary voice and his novels are a perfect balance between humor and reflections on social interactions that seem so relevant today,” said Jackson.
Sylvie Rabineau of the Rabineau, Wachter, Sanford, and Harris Agency brokered the deal. O'Nan's early novel Snow Angels was adapted into a feature by writer-director David Gordon Green in 2008.
Lesher and Exclusive Media recently partnered on End of Watch, which Open Road Films will release in September. Yorn recently produced We Bought a Zoo, Red Riding Hood and Unstoppable.
Exclusive most recently produced The Woman in Black and The Ides of March. Next for the company are Rush, Snitch and So Undercover.
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life