Strand Releasing Takes North American Rights to Eytan Fox's 'Yossi'
A sequel to the 2002 gay Israeli love story "Yossi & Jagger," the movie will be released in 2013.
Strand Releasing has acquired North American rights to Eytan Fox’s Yossi, the sequel to 2002’s Yossi & Jagger, which Strand also released domestically.
The first film told of a gay love affair between two Israeli soldiers, and the sequel follows Yossi, played by Ohad Knoller, as he meets a new man while on vacation.
The film, written by Itay Segal, had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. Strand plans to screen the movie at festivals this fall and open it theatrically in early 2013.
The deal was negotiated between Strand’s Jon Gerrans and Films Distribution’s Nicolas Brigaud-Robert.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!