Strand Releasing Takes North American Rights to Eytan Fox's 'Yossi'
A sequel to the 2002 gay Israeli love story "Yossi & Jagger," the movie will be released in 2013.
Strand Releasing has acquired North American rights to Eytan Fox’s Yossi, the sequel to 2002’s Yossi & Jagger, which Strand also released domestically.
The first film told of a gay love affair between two Israeli soldiers, and the sequel follows Yossi, played by Ohad Knoller, as he meets a new man while on vacation.
The film, written by Itay Segal, had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. Strand plans to screen the movie at festivals this fall and open it theatrically in early 2013.
The deal was negotiated between Strand’s Jon Gerrans and Films Distribution’s Nicolas Brigaud-Robert.
- Tom Cruise Is Already Working on Another Mission: Impossible
- Watch Tyler, the Creator Dress Up as the Cat in the Hat and Rap in the Name of Dr. Seuss
- Feel Nostalgic, Uncomfortable With Lifetime's First Unauthorized Full House Story Movie Clip
- Report: Jake Gyllenhaal Is Thinking About Doing the Boston Bombing Pic Stronger
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals the Crazy Action Scene You May Never See
- Tom Cruise on How 'Mission: Impossible' Raises the Emotional Stakes
- Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams Dig Into Church Scandal in 'Spotlight' Trailer
- 'Rogue Nation' Director Chris McQuarrie Reveals How to Make Great Action Scenes