Sundance 2012: Indomina Group Acquires 'The Imposter'
The documentary from Bart Layton involves the strange story of a 13-year-old Texas boy who disappears in 1994 only to surface miraculously in Spain years later.
The Indomina Group has acquired North American rights to Bart Layton's The Imposter. The documentary had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January and will receive a theatrical release later this year.
The suspenseful story of The Imposter involves the disappearance of a 13-year-old Texas boy in 1994 who miraculously surfaces in Spain years later in the form of a man who may or may be the same person. Dimitri Doganis produced the project; John Battsek, Simon Chinn, Molly Thompson, Katherine Butler, Tabitha Jackson and Bob DeBitetto are executive producers.
“Few documentaries are able to draw you in and keep you captivated in the way that The Imposter does,” said Indomina Group vice chairman and CEO Jasbinder Singh Mann. “This is a unique and highly engaging story that unfolds superbly on the screen.”
Imposter is an A&E IndieFilms, Film4 and Channel 4 presentation of a RAW Production in association with Red Box Films and Passion Pictures. A+E Networks retains the television rights to the film.
The film will screen as part of the SXSW Film Festival in March.
Josh Braun of Submarine and CAA repped the sale for the filmmakers. Indomina exec Rob Williams negotiated the deal for the company.
Indomina also grabbed North American rights to the narrative competition drama LUV and worldwide rights to the documentary Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap from the 2012 Sundance program.
Email: Jay.Fernandez@THR.com; Daniel.Miller@THR.com
- Best of Late Night TV: Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync, Len Goodman Spills 'DWTS' Secrets (VIDEO)
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks
- 7 Sitcom Guys That Are Our Boyfriends In Our Heads (GIFs)
- Darrell Hammond Replacing the Late Don Pardo as 'Saturday Night Live' Announcer
- Zac Efron Given Funny Nicknames by 'We Are Your Friends' Director Max Joseph
- Jennifer Lawrence Attended Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert & 'Couldn't Take Her Eyes Off Him'
- Pregnant Kate Middleton is Still Ill with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, Cancels Solo Malta Trip