Sundance 2012: Indomina Acquires Ice-T's 'The Art of Rap'
Public Enemy's Chuck D and Grandmaster Caz are among those featured in the hip-hop documentary.
The Indomina Group has acquired worldwide rights to Ice-T’s debut documentary, Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap. An early summer theatrical release is planned.
A detailed look at the rap masters who have developed the craft over the last 35 years, Rap had an enthusiastic world premiere Jan. 21 in Park City. Chuck D and Grandmaster Caz, who are featured in the film and performed a long set with Ice at the ASCAP Music Café on Main Street later that night, were in the crowd and answered questions after the screening.
UTA negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers, including producer Paul Toogood and co-director Andy Baybutt.
Plans are also in the works for a potential TV series spun off from the unused interviews in the documentary.
Email: Jay.Fernandez@THR.com; Daniel.Miller@THR.com
- This 'Insidious: Chapter 3' First Look Takes Us Back In (Terrifying) Time (PHOTO)
- Reese Witherspoon in Two French-Canadian Toronto Film Festival Movies
- Sandra Bullock's Next Movie Will Tell the Tale of Tupperware Parties
- Ethan Hawke Is One Cool Time Traveling Crime Fighter In the 'Predestination' Trailer (VIDEO)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wants Autographed Pic Of Himself & Nelson Mandela
- Adrian Grenier Wants Everyone to Recycle & Take Care Of the Ocean!
- Rosario Dawson & Chrissy Teigen Stun at Belgian National Day Celebration
- Azealia Banks Teases New Single 'Heavy Metal & Reflective' After Partying with Tinie Tempah!