Sundance 2012 Preview: Stacy Peralta's 'Bones Brigade' (Exclusive Video)
The skateboarding documentary, which features Steve Caballero and Tony Hawk, will have its world premiere Jan. 21.
Stacy Peralta returns to Sundance this year with Bones Brigade: An Autobiography, a continuation of sorts of his first documentary, Dogtown and Z-Boys, which had its premiere in Park City in 2001. Both films explore the creation and culture of modern skateboarding, along with Peralta’s part in it — this time during the 1980s era, with Bones Brigade members Steve Caballero, Tommy Guerrero, Tony Hawk, Mike McGill, Lance Mountain and Rodney Mullen.
THR hosts the first exclusive clip from the movie, which will have its world premiere Saturday, Jan. 21, at the MARC (formerly the Racquet Club Theatre) at 8:30 p.m. as part of the Documentary Premieres section.
Peralta produced with John Oliver and Nadine Brown. Andrew Herwitz of The Film Sales Co. is selling rights to the film at the festival.
- Watch Tyler, the Creator Dress Up as the Cat in the Hat and Rap in the Name of Dr. Seuss
- Feel Nostalgic, Uncomfortable With Lifetime's First Unauthorized Full House Story Movie Clip
- Report: Jake Gyllenhaal Is Thinking About Doing the Boston Bombing Pic Stronger
- Actor, Law & Order Director Jace Alexander Arrested on Child Porn Charges
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals the Crazy Action Scene You May Never See
- Tom Cruise on How 'Mission: Impossible' Raises the Emotional Stakes
- Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams Dig Into Church Scandal in 'Spotlight' Trailer
- 'Rogue Nation' Director Chris McQuarrie Reveals How to Make Great Action Scenes