Sundance 2012 Preview: Stacy Peralta's 'Bones Brigade' (Exclusive Video)
The skateboarding documentary, which features Steve Caballero and Tony Hawk, will have its world premiere Jan. 21.
Stacy Peralta returns to Sundance this year with Bones Brigade: An Autobiography, a continuation of sorts of his first documentary, Dogtown and Z-Boys, which had its premiere in Park City in 2001. Both films explore the creation and culture of modern skateboarding, along with Peralta’s part in it — this time during the 1980s era, with Bones Brigade members Steve Caballero, Tommy Guerrero, Tony Hawk, Mike McGill, Lance Mountain and Rodney Mullen.
THR hosts the first exclusive clip from the movie, which will have its world premiere Saturday, Jan. 21, at the MARC (formerly the Racquet Club Theatre) at 8:30 p.m. as part of the Documentary Premieres section.
Peralta produced with John Oliver and Nadine Brown. Andrew Herwitz of The Film Sales Co. is selling rights to the film at the festival.
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Recap: The Public-Urination Case of a Lifetime
- Miss Piggy and Kermit Have Also Called It Quits; the Summer of Breakups Extends to Animals
- Stonewall Trailer: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fights for Gay Rights in Roland Emmerich’s Passion Project
- Another One Down: Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards End Their Engagement
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals the Qualities She Looks For in a Boyfriend
- Ellen Page Steps Out With Rumored Girlfriend Samantha Thomas
- Miles Teller Got to Skip the Customs Line at the Airport Because of 'Fantastic Four' Role (Video)
- Meryl Streep Got A Guitar Lesson from Neil Young for 'Ricki & The Flash'!