Sundance 2012: Thriller 'Black Rock' Acquired by LD Distribution for North of $1 Mil
The movie from director and star Katie Aselton had its premiere Saturday night at the Library Center Theatre.
Thriller Black Rock, which had attracted strong interest from buyers even before its premiere, has been acquired by LD Distribution, which will release the film theatrically. The film is said to have sold for north of seven figures.
The movie from director and star Katie Aselton had its premiere Saturday night at the Library Center Theatre. Interested parties included Lionsgate, IFC Films, Magnolia, Gold Circle and others. A theatrical-release commitment was apparently key to the ultimate deal that was closed.
LD Distribution is the newly launched Liddell Entertainment division run by David Dinerstein and Mickey Liddell.
Black Rock also stars Lake Bell and Kate Bosworth as childhood friends who visit an island for a camping trip with Aselton's character but run into trouble when they meet a trio of Iraq war veterans.
The film is screening in Sundance's Park City at Midnight section.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Jay.Fernandez@THR.com
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'