Sundance 2012 Preview: Competition Drama 'Valley of Saints' (Exclusive Video)
Musa Syeed's debut feature will have its world premiere Monday, Jan. 23.
Musa Syeed’s debut feature Valley of Saints will screen as part of the world narrative competition program at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. The drama will have its world premiere Monday, Jan. 23, at 6 p.m. at the Yarrow Hotel Theatre.
Syeed’s film follows a man planning to escape the war and poverty surrounding his village in Kashmir until a beautiful woman researching the local dying lake appears. Nicholas Bruckman produced the project.
THR here hosts the exclusive teaser trailer.
“When watching the trailer, I want people to experience the beauty of Kashmir, despite its danger,” says Syeed. “I hope it conveys a feeling of love and hope.”
The music for the film was composed by Kashmiri American Mubashir Mohi-uh-Din of the New York band zerobridge. “He was able to create a beautiful score, featuring his guitar backed by local musicians, which was recorded in Kashmir,” says Syeed. “Like the film, the score is a meeting of the modern and the traditional.”
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm