Sundance 2012 Preview: Competition Drama 'Valley of Saints' (Exclusive Video)
Musa Syeed's debut feature will have its world premiere Monday, Jan. 23.
Musa Syeed’s debut feature Valley of Saints will screen as part of the world narrative competition program at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. The drama will have its world premiere Monday, Jan. 23, at 6 p.m. at the Yarrow Hotel Theatre.
Syeed’s film follows a man planning to escape the war and poverty surrounding his village in Kashmir until a beautiful woman researching the local dying lake appears. Nicholas Bruckman produced the project.
THR here hosts the exclusive teaser trailer.
“When watching the trailer, I want people to experience the beauty of Kashmir, despite its danger,” says Syeed. “I hope it conveys a feeling of love and hope.”
The music for the film was composed by Kashmiri American Mubashir Mohi-uh-Din of the New York band zerobridge. “He was able to create a beautiful score, featuring his guitar backed by local musicians, which was recorded in Kashmir,” says Syeed. “Like the film, the score is a meeting of the modern and the traditional.”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner
- The New 'Orphan Black' Season 2 Trailer Will Make Your Monday So Much Better (VIDEO)