Sundance 2013: 'Blue Caprice' Writer R.F.I. Porto Signs With UTA (Exclusive)
The film centers on the 2002 sniper attacks in Washington, D.C.
R.F.I. Porto, writer of the Sundance hit Blue Caprice, has signed with UTA.
The narrative film about the Beltway sniper attacks of 2002 premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and is screening in the NEXT section.
It was directed by Alexandre Moors and stars Isaiah Washington, Tequan Richmond, Tim Blake Nelson, Joey Lauren Adams, Leo Fitzpatrick and Cassandra Freeman.
Blue Caprice is Porto's first feature-writing credit.
THR gave the film a strong review, saying: "The sense of how vulnerable young people can be blindly infected with the seething rage and violence of their trusted elders is conveyed with chilling efficiency in R.F.I. Porto’s pared-down screenplay."
Porto is managed by Will Rowbotham at Prolific.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years