Sundance 2013: CBS Films Acquires 'Toy's House' (Exclusive)
The film, directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts, premiered at Library Center Theatre on Jan. 19.
PARK CITY -- CBS Films has acquired domestic rights to the coming-of-age drama Toy's House.
Toy's House follows three unhappy teenage boys who flee to the wilderness, where they build a makeshift house in hopes of living off the land. Jordan Vogt-Roberts directed the film, which marks his feature film debut. Chris Galletta wrote the screenplay.
The film stars Nick Robinson, Gabriel Basso, Moises Arias, Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally and Alison Brie. It premiered as part of Sundance's U.S. Dramatic Competition at Library Center Theatre on Jan. 19.
The acquisition is CBS Films' first of the festival.
"While comparisons to movies like Stand By Me and The Goonies are inevitable, we found Toy's House to be a fresh, funny and heartwarming story that is a loving throwback for a new generation,” said CBS Films' Scott Shooman, who negotiated the deal on behalf of the company, in a statement.
Vogt-Roberts has been a hard-to-miss figure around Park City, decked out in a full-length fur coat and traveling with an entourage. His 2010 short film Successful Alcoholics premiered at Sundance.
"CBS Films is so passionate about this movie and share my thoughts that comedy can be poignant and beautiful," Vogt-Roberts said in a statement.
John Sloss of Cinetic Media repped the filmmakers.
- Tim Burton Has a Strange, Brady Bunch–Related Explanation for Why Miss Peregrine’s Is So White
- Nate Parker Addresses Rape Accusations in 60 Minutes Clip
- Gimme Danger Trailer: Jim Jarmusch Wants You to Know the Stooges Are the ‘Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Band Ever’
- Sister of Nate Parker’s Rape Accuser Pens Open Letter Against Birth of a Nation
- Sarah Jessica Parker Is 'Really Proud' Of New HBO Show 'Divorce'!
- Rachel McAdams, Brittany Snow & Ashley Greene Step Out For 'Voyage of Time: The IMAX Experience' Premiere!
- Judith Light On Solo Show 'All the Ways to Say I Love You': 'The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done'
- Chloe Moretz Goes Makeup-Free in LA!