Sundance 2013: Gravitas Ventures Acquires Dave Grohl's 'Sound City'
The documentary is set to premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18.
Gravitas Ventures has acquired worldwide video-on-demand rights to the documentary Sound City for an undisclosed price, the company announced on Tuesday.
From Dave Grohl, who formed the Foo Fighters in 1995, the documentary is a plea to resurrect the human touch behind the creation of music. It focuses on recording studio Sound City and reminisces about analog recording in an increasingly digital world.
The film will bow on various VOD services in a total of 100 countries on Feb. 1. It will get a simultaneous theatrical release in North America from Variance Films.
Sound City will premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18 as part of Sundance's documentary premieres category.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!