Sundance 2013: Gravitas Ventures Acquires Dave Grohl's 'Sound City'
The documentary is set to premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18.
Gravitas Ventures has acquired worldwide video-on-demand rights to the documentary Sound City for an undisclosed price, the company announced on Tuesday.
From Dave Grohl, who formed the Foo Fighters in 1995, the documentary is a plea to resurrect the human touch behind the creation of music. It focuses on recording studio Sound City and reminisces about analog recording in an increasingly digital world.
The film will bow on various VOD services in a total of 100 countries on Feb. 1. It will get a simultaneous theatrical release in North America from Variance Films.
Sound City will premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18 as part of Sundance's documentary premieres category.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- Saraya Abdeen: TV Serial Vexes Egyptians, Historians
- Disneytoon Studios worked closely with CalFire to make "Planes: Fire & Rescue" as authentic as possible
- Hillary Clinton Talks 2016, Takes Career Aptitude Test On 'The Daily Show'
- Still On The Levee & The Boat That Carries Us: Conversations with Peter Himmelman and Chris Smither
- This Fake 'Superman v. Batman: Dawn of Justice' Teaser Trailer Is Very Convincing (VIDEO)
- Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Grimsby' Gives Lessons on How Not to Get a Town to Like You
- Here's the Entire 'Harry Potter' Saga in Two Brilliantly Brief Minutes (VIDEO)
- This 'Jurassic World' Brochure Is Not to Be Missed (PHOTOS)