Sundance 2013: Gravitas Ventures Acquires Dave Grohl's 'Sound City'
The documentary is set to premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18.
Gravitas Ventures has acquired worldwide video-on-demand rights to the documentary Sound City for an undisclosed price, the company announced on Tuesday.
From Dave Grohl, who formed the Foo Fighters in 1995, the documentary is a plea to resurrect the human touch behind the creation of music. It focuses on recording studio Sound City and reminisces about analog recording in an increasingly digital world.
The film will bow on various VOD services in a total of 100 countries on Feb. 1. It will get a simultaneous theatrical release in North America from Variance Films.
Sound City will premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18 as part of Sundance's documentary premieres category.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- How 'Star Search' Champ Sam Harris Hid His Sexuality In The '80s: 'It Was Messed Up' (VIDEO)
- 11 Amy Poehler Stories You've Never Heard Before, But Will Totally Relate To Your Life
- 'Today' Co-Hosts Channel Classic 'SNL' Characters For Halloween
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram For Taking Down Topless Photo
- Watch Sofia Coppola's Insanely Charming Holiday Gap Ads (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Gordon Ramsay's Pet Pigs and Chris Rock's Top Halloween Costumes (VIDEO)
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie
- Man Dressed as Teletubby Arrested for Stealing Chinese Food