Sundance 2013: Gravitas Ventures Acquires Dave Grohl's 'Sound City'
The documentary is set to premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18.
Gravitas Ventures has acquired worldwide video-on-demand rights to the documentary Sound City for an undisclosed price, the company announced on Tuesday.
From Dave Grohl, who formed the Foo Fighters in 1995, the documentary is a plea to resurrect the human touch behind the creation of music. It focuses on recording studio Sound City and reminisces about analog recording in an increasingly digital world.
The film will bow on various VOD services in a total of 100 countries on Feb. 1. It will get a simultaneous theatrical release in North America from Variance Films.
Sound City will premiere at the MARC on Jan. 18 as part of Sundance's documentary premieres category.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014