Sundance 2013: Mundial Nabs Foreign Rights to 'Who Is Dayani Cristal?'
The documentary premiered at the MARC on Jan. 17.
PARK CITY -- Mundial has picked up foreign rights to documentary Who Is Dayani Cristal?
The company, a joint venture of film finance/sales company IM Global and production/distribution firm Canana, will shop the film in international markets. The documentary about the death of a migrant worker is screening in Sundance's World Cinema Documentary Competition section.
Marc Silver's documentary uses dramatic sequences with actor Gael Garcia Bernal to reconstruct the identity of an anonymous body found in the Arizona desert. The only clue to who the John Doe is a tattoo that reads "Dayani Cristal."
The THR review of the documentary called it "required viewing for anyone involved in making or enforcing border policy."
Who Is Dayani Cristal? premiered at the MARC on Jan. 17.
Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment is handling domestic sales for the film.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend