Sundance 2013: Mundial Nabs Foreign Rights to 'Who Is Dayani Cristal?'
The documentary premiered at the MARC on Jan. 17.
PARK CITY -- Mundial has picked up foreign rights to documentary Who Is Dayani Cristal?
The company, a joint venture of film finance/sales company IM Global and production/distribution firm Canana, will shop the film in international markets. The documentary about the death of a migrant worker is screening in Sundance's World Cinema Documentary Competition section.
Marc Silver's documentary uses dramatic sequences with actor Gael Garcia Bernal to reconstruct the identity of an anonymous body found in the Arizona desert. The only clue to who the John Doe is a tattoo that reads "Dayani Cristal."
The THR review of the documentary called it "required viewing for anyone involved in making or enforcing border policy."
Who Is Dayani Cristal? premiered at the MARC on Jan. 17.
Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment is handling domestic sales for the film.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- Gimme Danger Trailer: Jim Jarmusch Wants You to Know the Stooges Are the ‘Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Band Ever’
- Sister of Nate Parker’s Rape Accuser Pens Open Letter Against Birth of a Nation
- Watch the Trailers for Kristen Stewart’s Personal Shopper, the Most Divisive Film at Cannes
- The Real Feminist Book Store From Portlandia Has a Message for the IFC Show: ‘F*ck Portlandia’
- Sarah Jessica Parker Is 'Really Proud' Of New HBO Show 'Divorce'!
- Rachel McAdams, Brittany Snow & Ashley Greene Step Out For 'Voyage of Time: The IMAX Experience' Premiere!
- Judith Light On Solo Show 'All the Ways to Say I Love You': 'The Hardest Thing I've Ever Done'
- Chloe Moretz Goes Makeup-Free in LA!