Sundance 2013: Mundial Nabs Foreign Rights to 'Who Is Dayani Cristal?'
The documentary premiered at the MARC on Jan. 17.
PARK CITY -- Mundial has picked up foreign rights to documentary Who Is Dayani Cristal?
The company, a joint venture of film finance/sales company IM Global and production/distribution firm Canana, will shop the film in international markets. The documentary about the death of a migrant worker is screening in Sundance's World Cinema Documentary Competition section.
Marc Silver's documentary uses dramatic sequences with actor Gael Garcia Bernal to reconstruct the identity of an anonymous body found in the Arizona desert. The only clue to who the John Doe is a tattoo that reads "Dayani Cristal."
The THR review of the documentary called it "required viewing for anyone involved in making or enforcing border policy."
Who Is Dayani Cristal? premiered at the MARC on Jan. 17.
Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment is handling domestic sales for the film.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- Twitter Thanks Billy Bush for Donating His $10 Million Severance to Charity, Despite the Fact This Did Not Happen
- Certain Women Takes Home a Certain Prize at the London Film Festival (It’s the Gold, Sorry If That Was Unclear)
- Laverne Cox on What Made Her Apprehensive About Starring in the Rocky Horror TV Remake
- Alec Baldwin Is Pro-Charlie Brown in His New Voting PSA, While You’re Here Deciding Between Trump and Clinton Like Some Kind of Idiot
- Ouch! Beyonce Rips Earlobe at TIDAL X Concert, Continues Performing - Watch!
- Tyga & Kylie Jenner Throw King Cairo Ferrari Themed Birthday Party Day After Blac Chyna Has Party
- Chrissy Teigen's Heart Sank When She First Heard About Pal Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery
- Perrie Edwards Confirms Zayn Malik Broke Up With Her Via Text, Despite His Previous Denial