Sundance 2013: Exclusive Releasing Acquires 'Two Mothers'
The Naomi Watts-Robin Wright starrer, which premiered at Eccles Theatre on Jan. 18, will receive a theatrical run and a day-and-date VOD release.
PARK CITY -- Exclusive Media's newly launched Exclusive Releasing label has acquired U.S. rights for Two Mothers. Exclusive Media will handle U.K. and CIS rights as well.
Sources peg the deal at low seven figures for the sexy drama that will get a theatrical run and a day-and-date VOD launch.
The story revolves around the passionate affairs of two lifelong friends who fall in love with each other's sons. Directed by Anne Fontaine and written by Christopher Hampton, the tale of love, lust and friendship stars Naomi Watts, Robin Wright, Xavier Samuel and James Frecheville.
Two Mothers premiered Jan. 18 at Eccles Theatre as part of Sundance's Premieres category.
The sale marks the first acquisition for Exclusive Releasing, headed by Scott Pascucci and Matt Brodlie. The company was launched in September at the Toronto Film Festival.
Philippe Carcassonne, Francis Boespflug and Andrew Mason produced 2 Mothers. Troy Lum executive produced.
The deal was negotiated by Brodlie and CAA along with Cécile Gaget of Gaumont International, which financed the film.
CAA repped the filmmakers.
- C-3PO Is Getting a Spiffy New Suit in 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Best of Late Night TV: How Key & Peele Met, Sex Expert's Tips, Julianna Margulies' Musical Announcements (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- Katherine Heigl & Kate Walsh Celebrate NBC's New TV Season
- Lauren Conrad's Wedding Dress Revealed in 1st Wedding Photo to William Tell - See it Here!
- Kristen Bell Puts Pregnancy Style on Display for Samsung Ad!
- Kat Graham Speaks at 'Vampire Diaries' Vegas Convention Before Season Six Premiere Photos Released