Sundance 2013: Exclusive Releasing Acquires 'Two Mothers'
The Naomi Watts-Robin Wright starrer, which premiered at Eccles Theatre on Jan. 18, will receive a theatrical run and a day-and-date VOD release.
PARK CITY -- Exclusive Media's newly launched Exclusive Releasing label has acquired U.S. rights for Two Mothers. Exclusive Media will handle U.K. and CIS rights as well.
Sources peg the deal at low seven figures for the sexy drama that will get a theatrical run and a day-and-date VOD launch.
The story revolves around the passionate affairs of two lifelong friends who fall in love with each other's sons. Directed by Anne Fontaine and written by Christopher Hampton, the tale of love, lust and friendship stars Naomi Watts, Robin Wright, Xavier Samuel and James Frecheville.
Two Mothers premiered Jan. 18 at Eccles Theatre as part of Sundance's Premieres category.
The sale marks the first acquisition for Exclusive Releasing, headed by Scott Pascucci and Matt Brodlie. The company was launched in September at the Toronto Film Festival.
Philippe Carcassonne, Francis Boespflug and Andrew Mason produced 2 Mothers. Troy Lum executive produced.
The deal was negotiated by Brodlie and CAA along with Cécile Gaget of Gaumont International, which financed the film.
CAA repped the filmmakers.
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!