Sundance 2013: Exclusive Releasing Acquires 'Two Mothers'
The Naomi Watts-Robin Wright starrer, which premiered at Eccles Theatre on Jan. 18, will receive a theatrical run and a day-and-date VOD release.
PARK CITY -- Exclusive Media's newly launched Exclusive Releasing label has acquired U.S. rights for Two Mothers. Exclusive Media will handle U.K. and CIS rights as well.
Sources peg the deal at low seven figures for the sexy drama that will get a theatrical run and a day-and-date VOD launch.
The story revolves around the passionate affairs of two lifelong friends who fall in love with each other's sons. Directed by Anne Fontaine and written by Christopher Hampton, the tale of love, lust and friendship stars Naomi Watts, Robin Wright, Xavier Samuel and James Frecheville.
Two Mothers premiered Jan. 18 at Eccles Theatre as part of Sundance's Premieres category.
The sale marks the first acquisition for Exclusive Releasing, headed by Scott Pascucci and Matt Brodlie. The company was launched in September at the Toronto Film Festival.
Philippe Carcassonne, Francis Boespflug and Andrew Mason produced 2 Mothers. Troy Lum executive produced.
The deal was negotiated by Brodlie and CAA along with Cécile Gaget of Gaumont International, which financed the film.
CAA repped the filmmakers.
- Beyoncé's 'Single Ladies' Video Fits Almost Too Perfectly With 'DuckTales'
- Shepard Fairey Thinks These Changes Could Help Obama Do More In The White House
- Ben Affleck And Jennifer Garner Spotted Together Amid Divorce Rumors
- Pink Floyd's Roger Waters And Nick Mason Reunite To Celebrate Group's 50th Anniversary
- 'Outlander''s Tobias Menzies On Playing the 'Sadistic and Cruel' Black Jack Randall
- 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion Alert! Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair Hang Out, Kiss
- Streaming Now: 'The Boxtrolls,' 'The Aviator,' and More
- Marilyn Monroe Facts: 25 Things You Don't Know About the Hollywood Icon