Sundance 2013: Sundance Selects Acquires Beltway Sniper Drama 'Blue Caprice'
The film, which stars Isaiah Washington and Tequan Richmond, marks Alexandre Moors' feature directorial debut.
Sundance Selects has acquired North American and Latin American rights to Alexandre Moors’ debut feature Blue Caprice, which made its world premiere at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
The film, with a screenplay by R.F.I. Porto, was produced by Isen Robbins, Aimee Schoof, Ron Simons, Stephen Tedeschi, Brian O’Carroll, Kim Jackson and Will Rowbotham.
The film, which will open the Film Society of Lincoln Center and MoMA’s 2013 New Directors/New Films Festival on March 20, stars Isaiah Washington, Tequan Richmond, Joey Lauren Adams, Tim Blake Nelson and Leo Fitzpatrick.
The story centers on an abandoned Jamaican boy (Richmond) lured to America by a dangerous father figure (Washington). Inspired by true events, Blue Caprice explores the 2002 Beltway sniper attacks from the point of view of the two killers, whose distorted father-son relationship facilitated their long and bloody journey across America.
"Alexandre Moors has made one of the most distinct and haunting American independent films of the year, featuring unforgettable performances by Isaiah Washington and Tequan Richmond," Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring said. "We're thrilled to be able to release this and look forward to working with the producers and Cinetic to make this a big success."
Added Moors: "I couldn't be more proud to be joining the Sundance Selects family. Their passion has been overwhelming, and we look forward to collaborating with their entire team to share the film with audiences across the country."
The deal for the film was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC Films' Arianna Bocco and Jeff Deutchman. John Sloss and Dana O’Keefe at Cinetic repped the filmmakers. Gray Krauss Stratford Des Rochers provided additional legal counsel for the filmmakers.
Sundance Selects, the sister label to IFC Films and IFC Midnight, is owned and operated by AMC Networks.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- Get Ready for Big, Bad Negan With This Walking Dead Prologue Teaser
- Jeremy Clarkson Did an Ad for Amazon Prime Drones, Probably Made Oodles of Money from It
- Jack White Celebrated Thanksgiving by Opening a Third Man Records Store in Detroit
- A Taylor Swift Fan Got to Meet Her Idol Before Losing Her Hearing
- Celebrities React to Suspenseful Patriots vs. Broncos Sunday Night Football Game - Read the Tweets!
- Anne Hathaway Keeps Her Baby Bump Covered Up
- Kristin Cavallari Shares First Photo of Her Daughter Saylor with Quarterback Jay Cutler!
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6 Sneak Peek Teases Negan's Story Line - Watch Now!