Andrew Dosunmu's 'Restless City' Trailer Debuts (Exclusive Video)
The Sundance 2011 feature will open in theaters April 27.
Director Andrew Dosunmu's Restless City will open in limited theatrical release in New York, L.A. and Atlanta April 27. Distributor AFFRM, which acquired U.S. rights to the film in March, will then expand it to five additional cities May 4.
The Hollywood Reporter here exclusively hosts the premiere of the trailer for the film, which had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2011. The trailer will be in theaters this weekend.
Danai Gurira, Anthony Okungbowa and Babs Olusanmokun star in the story of an African immigrant surviving on the fringes of New York City. Eugene M. Gussenhoven wrote the screenplay.
In his review for THR, Duane Byrge wrote, “In this intense twist on the American Dream, director Andrew Dosunmu vividly captures the pulsating dynamic of New York City's pan-African community, a robust aggregation that subsists amid an often hostile foreign environment. Restless City is a mesmerizing glimpse into a culture and community that is only superficially seen by indifferent New Yorkers."
- Taylor Swift Performs 'This Is What You Came For' During Only Concert in 2016, Giving the People That For Which They Came — More or Less
- In a Move You Can Probably Domo Arigato Mr. Robot for, NBC Is Adapting Hacker Film Sneakers
- Sky Ferreira to Do a Lot of Rockin’ and Headbangin’ in a Black Metal Film
- Ryan Gosling Was Almost Cast on Gilmore Girls, and Other Things We Learned From the Show’s Fan Fest
- Josh Hartnett Says He'd Love 'Penny Dreadful' to Return for Another Season! (Video)
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement (Report)
- Celebrities React to Chicago Cubs Making it to the World Series for the First Time Since 1945!
- Katie Holmes Fuels Up On Coffee After 'LA Weekly' Meeting