Andrew Dosunmu's 'Restless City' Trailer Debuts (Exclusive Video)
The Sundance 2011 feature will open in theaters April 27.
Director Andrew Dosunmu's Restless City will open in limited theatrical release in New York, L.A. and Atlanta April 27. Distributor AFFRM, which acquired U.S. rights to the film in March, will then expand it to five additional cities May 4.
The Hollywood Reporter here exclusively hosts the premiere of the trailer for the film, which had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2011. The trailer will be in theaters this weekend.
Danai Gurira, Anthony Okungbowa and Babs Olusanmokun star in the story of an African immigrant surviving on the fringes of New York City. Eugene M. Gussenhoven wrote the screenplay.
In his review for THR, Duane Byrge wrote, “In this intense twist on the American Dream, director Andrew Dosunmu vividly captures the pulsating dynamic of New York City's pan-African community, a robust aggregation that subsists amid an often hostile foreign environment. Restless City is a mesmerizing glimpse into a culture and community that is only superficially seen by indifferent New Yorkers."
- M.I.A. Accuses the VMAs of ‘Racism, Sexism, Classism, and Elitism’ Over ‘Borders’ Snub
- Jimmy Kimmel Hacks Into Mr. Robot, Mostly to Ask for Tech Advice
- Amy Sedaris’s Summer Plans Include Buying Bags of Sand and Competing in a Family Tanning Competition
- Maybe Don’t Ask Kim and Kanye About Taylor Swift
- Kanye West Responds to Taylor Swift 'Famous' Phone Call Video - Watch Now
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Share a Kiss on Italy Vacation!
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Talk About Taylor Swift in 'Harper's Bazaar' Cover Story
- Jack Kilmer & Dylan Brosnan Honor Rock Legend at Johnny Ramone Tribute (Exclusive Photos!)