Sundance Breakout Dee Rees Signed by WME (Exclusive)
The "Pariah" filmmaker is now writing an original thriller for Focus Features.
WME Entertainment has signed indie filmmaker Dee Rees, whose debut film Pariah had its world premiere at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
UTA had signed Rees not long after the fest, where Pariah won an award for cinematography, but Rees recently changed agencies. Focus Features picked up worldwide rights to the writer-director's coming-of-age drama, which will play as part of the Toronto film festival program ahead of a theatrical release in the late fall.
As part of that deal, made during the festival, Focus also hired Rees to write another feature. Titled Bolo, the original thriller is being produced by Rees' Pariah producer Nekisa Cooper. Rees is working to finish the script by the end of summer before moving on to new projects in TV and film.Rees is also repped by Cinetic Management and attorney Victoria Cook of Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz.
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding