Sundance Breakout Dee Rees Signed by WME (Exclusive)
The "Pariah" filmmaker is now writing an original thriller for Focus Features.
WME Entertainment has signed indie filmmaker Dee Rees, whose debut film Pariah had its world premiere at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
UTA had signed Rees not long after the fest, where Pariah won an award for cinematography, but Rees recently changed agencies. Focus Features picked up worldwide rights to the writer-director's coming-of-age drama, which will play as part of the Toronto film festival program ahead of a theatrical release in the late fall.
As part of that deal, made during the festival, Focus also hired Rees to write another feature. Titled Bolo, the original thriller is being produced by Rees' Pariah producer Nekisa Cooper. Rees is working to finish the script by the end of summer before moving on to new projects in TV and film.Rees is also repped by Cinetic Management and attorney Victoria Cook of Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz.
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Girls,' As Told By Jenni Konner
- Downloading Music Is Quickly Going Out Of Fashion
- Citizenfour Review: Quiet Moments in a Hong Kong Hotel Room as Edward Snowden, Journalists Fight to Save Democracy
- Polyenso's '17 New Years' Just Created Your New Favorite Genre Of Music
- Ryan Gosling Spotted for First Time Since His Baby's Birth!
- Hilary Swank, Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross Have A Special Evening at Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Jennifer Lawrence's Umbrella Protects Her from the Sun!
- Evan Rachel Wood Snuggles Up with Katherine Moennig in First Pictures Together!