Sundance Selects Acquires SXSW Winner 'Gimme the Loot'
Adam Leon's drama won the narrative feature grand jury prize at the Austin-based fest.
Sundance Selects has acquired North American and Latin American rights to Adam Leon's Gimme the Loot. The drama won the narrative feature grand jury prize at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival, where it had its world premiere.
Loot will screen at New Directors/New Films this weekend.
Tashiana Washington, Ty Hickson, Meeko, Zoe Lescaze and Sam Soghor star in the story of two graffiti-writing teens who try to execute a complicated revenge plan in New York City when one of their works is defaced by a rival gang. Natalie Difford, Dominic Buchanan and Jamund Washington produced.
"In the tradition of our recent SXSW pickups including Weekend, Tiny Furniture and Medicine for Melancholy, Gimme the Loot introduces a major new talent with a big future," said Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring. "We all fell in love with this infectious, charming crowd pleaser."
Sundance Selects/IFC Films exec Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment.
Sundance Selects has recently released Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Pina, Buck and Certified Copy. Upcoming releases include The Kid With a Bike, Beyond the Hills and How to Survive a Plague.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress