SXSW 2012: 'Drive' Composer, Jeffrey Tambor Headline First Film Conference Panels
'Drive' composer Cliff Martinez leads the list of round tables and events at the annual event taking place in March.
The SXSW Film Conference and Festival has announced its first batch of panels and events for next year's edition, running March 9-17 in Austin, Texas. Many of the sessions thus far have been generated from proposals submitted through the fest's PanelPicker hub, but a conversation with Drive composer Cliff Martinez has also been scheduled and Jeffrey Tambor’s Acting Workshop will return.
“Each year, our Film Conference combines the best of traditional conference elements – film panel essentials on filmmaking, funding, and distribution – with what’s most exciting in the worlds of Interactive and Music, an immersion experience only available at SXSW,” said film conference and festival producer Janet Pierson. “We’re particularly thrilled with how well our PanelPicker interface harnesses the intelligence and passions of our creative community to help define the most interesting and relevant topics of the day.”
The 19th annual conference will include panels on horror remakes, digital distribution strategies, how best to include a carbon footprint in production bids, use of Super 8 film, fair use laws and VOD, among dozens more.
Martinez was as a drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers when he began to move into film scoring, eventually composing soundtracks for sex, lies, and videotape, The Limey, Traffic, Contagion, Narc, The Lincoln Lawyer and more.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'