SXSW: 'Grow Up, Tony Phillips' Poster Debuts (Exclusive)
Emily Hagins’ latest feature is slated to premiere in Austin on March 12.
Emily Hagins' fourth feature, Grow Up, Tony Phillips, is set for a March 12 premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin, Texas.
Tony Vespe stars as Tony Phillips, a high school senior who loves Halloween but begins to question himself as his friends decide that they are too cool for the kid-friendly holiday. The film is produced by Austin-based Arcanum Pictures.
“Grow Up, Tony Phillips is a story I felt passionate about telling because it reflects a genuine transition point in the teen experience I think is important and often overlooked,” said Hagins, 20, who was the first girl in the U.S. to make a feature film at the age of 12 (Pathogen). She was the subject of the documentary Zombie Girl: The Movie, and her third feature, My Sucky Teen Romance, premiered at SXSW in 2011, where it was picked up by Dark Sky Films.
AJ Bowen, Devin Bonnee, Katie Folger and Caleb Barwick also star in the film.
The Hollywood Reporter here hosts an exclusive first look at the Grow Up, Tony Phillips movie poster.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pop Danthology's Mashup Of 68 Songs From 2013 Will Make You Wanna Dance
- The Mandela You Don't Know: The Savvy Politician Who Used the World Cup to Unite South Africa
- Idris Elba: 'What An Honor It Was To Step Into The Shoes Of Nelson Mandela'
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)
- 'The Fifth Beatle': Brian Epstein Biopic Lands 'Bring It On' Director