SXSW: 'Grow Up, Tony Phillips' Poster Debuts (Exclusive)
Emily Hagins’ latest feature is slated to premiere in Austin on March 12.
Emily Hagins' fourth feature, Grow Up, Tony Phillips, is set for a March 12 premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin, Texas.
Tony Vespe stars as Tony Phillips, a high school senior who loves Halloween but begins to question himself as his friends decide that they are too cool for the kid-friendly holiday. The film is produced by Austin-based Arcanum Pictures.
“Grow Up, Tony Phillips is a story I felt passionate about telling because it reflects a genuine transition point in the teen experience I think is important and often overlooked,” said Hagins, 20, who was the first girl in the U.S. to make a feature film at the age of 12 (Pathogen). She was the subject of the documentary Zombie Girl: The Movie, and her third feature, My Sucky Teen Romance, premiered at SXSW in 2011, where it was picked up by Dark Sky Films.
AJ Bowen, Devin Bonnee, Katie Folger and Caleb Barwick also star in the film.
The Hollywood Reporter here hosts an exclusive first look at the Grow Up, Tony Phillips movie poster.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years
- Jennifer Lawrence's Boyfriend, Nicholas Hoult, Is Very Aware of His 'Bystander' Status