SXSW: 'This Is Where We Live' Poster (Exclusive)
Josh Barrett and Marc Menchaca's film will premiere at the fest on March 9.
This Is Where We Live, a film by Josh Barrett and Marc Menchaca, will have its world premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival on Saturday, March 9.
The drama, set in Texas Hill Country, follows the Sutton family, whose matriarch, Diane, is tasked with caring for her son, August, who has cerebral palsy, and her husband, who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. After she hires Noah, a local handyman, to build a wheelchair ramp up the front steps to the family home, a friendship blossoms between Noah and August.
Fittingly, the Texas-based film will screen in the narrative competition at SXSW, which is held in Austin, TX, March 8 - 16. The film is Barrett and Menchaca's directorial debut. Menchaca, whose acting credits include Homeland and Flash Forward, also stars in the film as Noah.
Here, The Hollywood Reporter exclusively hosts a new poster for the film. It focuses on the sprawling land of Texas Hill Country and that famous big Texas sky.
Screenings for This Is Where We Live are as follows:
Saturday, March 9 @ Alamo Ritz 1&2, 11:00 a.m.
Monday, March 11 @ Violet Crown 1&2, 8:30 p.m.
Friday, March 15 @ Alamo Ritz 2, 9:30 p.m.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- Kanye West Sleeps Off Orgy With Taylor Swift And Donald Trump In 'Famous' Music Video
- Watch Rory Gilmore Geek Out With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Someone Remind Amy Schumer to Renew Her Passport, Because She's About to Go on a Massive World Comedy Tour
- Maybe Keep the Lights on While Watching the Trailer For Lights Out
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Baby Aziz, and Donald Trump