SXSW Preview: Mark Kendall's 'La Camioneta' Trailer Hits (Exclusive Video)
The Emerging Visions doc will have its world premiere at the film festival.
Mark Kendall's debut feature La Camioneta: The Journey of One American School Bus will have its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival in March. The documentary will screen as part of the Emerging Visions section of the fest, which runs March 9-17 in Austin, Texas.
THR here exclusively previews the film's trailer and poster (below).
La Camioneta tracks the journey of an out-of-service American school bus as it is repaired and repurposed to carry commuters to work in Guatemala. In the last five years, nearly one thousand drivers and fare-collectors on these camionetas have been killed by local gangs.
- The Cast Of 'Scandal' Looked Perfectly At Home In The Real White House
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Terrence Malick's Voyage of Time Is Getting an Official Release After a 30-Year Production
- Female Filmmakers Have it Just as Rough in Europe as They Do in Hollywood
- Captain America Brings Freedom To Foreign Lands With $200 Million Overseas Opening
- Mads Mikkelsen Wants to See Hannibal Return Just As Much As You Do