SXSW Preview: Red Band Trailer for Matthew Lillard's 'Fat Kid Rules the World'
"The Descendants" actor's directorial debut marks its world premiere Friday.
Actor Matthew Lillard's directorial debut, Fat Kid Rules the World, will have its world premiere Friday at 6:15 p.m. at the Alamo Lamar A theater. The SXSW Narrative Spotlight feature stars Terri's Jake Wysocki, The Killing's Billy Campbell and Matt O'Leary from Natural Selection, which won seven awards at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival.
THR here exclusively hosts the new red-band trailer.
The Whitewater Films-produced comedy centers on an overweight, depressed teenager who becomes friends with a high school dropout and street musician who's forming a punk band. As the musician's drug issues come to light, the teenager's father becomes increasingly worried about the friendship. Michael M.B. Galvin and Peter Speakman adapted the screenplay from the K.L. Going novel.
Paradigm's Ben Weiss is repping sales on the film.
- Pamela Anderson Refuses Ice Bucket Challenge Because Of ALS Animal Testing History
- Miley Cyrus' Concert Banned In The Dominican Republic
- Interview: Chloë Grace Moretz, Liana Liberato, and Gayle Forman on If I Stay
- Dead Daisies and Beyond: Chats With Dizzy Reed, The Verve Pipe's Brian Vander Ark, Jean-Luc Ponty and Uriah Heep's Mick Box
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)
- 13 WTF Moments In MTV VMAs History (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Dressed as Star-Lord for a Visit to a Children's Hospital, Melting Our Hearts in the Process
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Comic-Book Sequel