SXSW: 'Medora' Offers Snapshot of America Through a Basketball Hoop (Exclusive Video)
The new documentary follows a team on a wicked losing streak.
The Bad News Bears meets Hoosiers in Medora, a new documentary about what basketball means to small town Indiana. The film is set to make its world premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival on Sunday, March 10, part of the festival's Documentary Spotlight series.
Set in a part of the American heartland where life revolves around the basketball court, the recession-ravaged community of Medora looks to their young, homegrown athletes for a source of inspiration.
But the Medora Hornets are having a lousy season, and in this documentary from directors Andrew Cohn and Davy Rothbart, their players' lives are captured on and off the court as they try mightily to turn their losing streak around.
In this exclusive clip made available to The Hollywood Reporter, the Hornets are David to the much-larger Crothersville's Goliath -- but there are no epic comebacks in the cards for the boys this time around.
Medora screens on the following dates at SXSW:
Sunday, March 10, 2013 -- Vimeo Theater, 11:00AM
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 -- Alamo Ritz 1, 6:30PM
Thursday, March 14, 2013 -- SXSatellite: Alamo Village, 1:45PM
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Spooky Shocker
- This Is What 'Forrest Gump' Would Look Like If Wes Anderson Directed It (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o & Scarlett Johansson Lend Their Voices to 'The Jungle Book'
- The Third 'Hobbit' Movie Has a New Subtitle: 'The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!