SXSW: 'Medora' Offers Snapshot of America Through a Basketball Hoop (Exclusive Video)
The new documentary follows a team on a wicked losing streak.
The Bad News Bears meets Hoosiers in Medora, a new documentary about what basketball means to small town Indiana. The film is set to make its world premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival on Sunday, March 10, part of the festival's Documentary Spotlight series.
Set in a part of the American heartland where life revolves around the basketball court, the recession-ravaged community of Medora looks to their young, homegrown athletes for a source of inspiration.
But the Medora Hornets are having a lousy season, and in this documentary from directors Andrew Cohn and Davy Rothbart, their players' lives are captured on and off the court as they try mightily to turn their losing streak around.
In this exclusive clip made available to The Hollywood Reporter, the Hornets are David to the much-larger Crothersville's Goliath -- but there are no epic comebacks in the cards for the boys this time around.
Medora screens on the following dates at SXSW:
Sunday, March 10, 2013 -- Vimeo Theater, 11:00AM
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 -- Alamo Ritz 1, 6:30PM
Thursday, March 14, 2013 -- SXSatellite: Alamo Village, 1:45PM
- Weird Al Conquers Billboard Charts After Conquering the Internet
- Dear White People Trailer Nails Everything From Hair Touching to Taylor Swift
- It’s Sansa vs. Sansa in the Trailer for Sophie Turner’s New Movie
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- This Exclusive 'Wish I Was Here' Preview Is Full of Swearing (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True