SXSW Preview: New Sneak Peek at Crime Drama 'Booster' (Exclusive Video)
Matt Ruskin's narrative competition film will have its world premiere Monday, March 12.
Matt Ruskin's narrative competition drama Booster follows a man tempted to commit a string of crimes in order to cast doubt on the guilt of his brother, who has been arrested for armed robbery. Nico Stone, Adam DuPaul, Seymour Cassel, Kristin Dougherty and Brian McGrail star in the film, which will have its world premiere Monday, March 12, at 7 pm at the Stateside Theatre. The Hollywood Reporter here hosts an exclusive sneak peek at the film, as well as the poster, below. "We wanted to tell this story in a really honest way," says Ruskin, who is heading to SXSW this week for the first time. "We didn't want to glorify the crime elements. Instead, we tried to bring out the discomfort and internal struggle of the characters. We hope people see the human side of the story."
The festival runs March 9-17.
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!