SXSW Preview: New Sneak Peek at Crime Drama 'Booster' (Exclusive Video)
Matt Ruskin's narrative competition film will have its world premiere Monday, March 12.
Matt Ruskin's narrative competition drama Booster follows a man tempted to commit a string of crimes in order to cast doubt on the guilt of his brother, who has been arrested for armed robbery. Nico Stone, Adam DuPaul, Seymour Cassel, Kristin Dougherty and Brian McGrail star in the film, which will have its world premiere Monday, March 12, at 7 pm at the Stateside Theatre. The Hollywood Reporter here hosts an exclusive sneak peek at the film, as well as the poster, below. "We wanted to tell this story in a really honest way," says Ruskin, who is heading to SXSW this week for the first time. "We didn't want to glorify the crime elements. Instead, we tried to bring out the discomfort and internal struggle of the characters. We hope people see the human side of the story."
The festival runs March 9-17.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Keith Urban, Miguel Prepare For Grammy Nomination Concert Duet
- 'Glee' Mid-Season Finale: Santana Is Viciously Awesome As Mrs. Claus (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart Can Hardly Believe What This Fox Host Said About The Pope
- 'The Sound Of Music Live' Isn't Without Flaws, But Carrie Underwood Was Entertaining (VIDEO)
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)
- 'The Fifth Beatle': Brian Epstein Biopic Lands 'Bring It On' Director