SXSW Preview: New Sneak Peek at Crime Drama 'Booster' (Exclusive Video)
Matt Ruskin's narrative competition film will have its world premiere Monday, March 12.
Matt Ruskin's narrative competition drama Booster follows a man tempted to commit a string of crimes in order to cast doubt on the guilt of his brother, who has been arrested for armed robbery. Nico Stone, Adam DuPaul, Seymour Cassel, Kristin Dougherty and Brian McGrail star in the film, which will have its world premiere Monday, March 12, at 7 pm at the Stateside Theatre. The Hollywood Reporter here hosts an exclusive sneak peek at the film, as well as the poster, below. "We wanted to tell this story in a really honest way," says Ruskin, who is heading to SXSW this week for the first time. "We didn't want to glorify the crime elements. Instead, we tried to bring out the discomfort and internal struggle of the characters. We hope people see the human side of the story."
The festival runs March 9-17.
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- David Alan Basche Tells Us His 5 Favorite Movies Featuring Sitcom Stars
- 'Saturday Night Live' Adds Leslie Jones to Cast
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- Kendall Jenner Wants to Know Who Needs Boys When There Are Puppies!
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Soundtrack Listing Features Lorde, Kanye West, & More!
- 19 Kids & Counting's Jill Duggar & Derick Dillard Expecting Baby Boy!