SXSW: Image Entertainment Picks Up 'Evidence'
Stephen Moyer and Radha Mitchell star in the elevated horror thriller.
Image Entertainment has picked up U.S. distribution rights to Evidence, a thriller that stars Stephen Moyer and Radha Mitchell.
The rights include theatrical, home entertainment, television and digital. Image is planning a theatrical release for this summer.
The deal was made in Austin on the eve of SXSW.
Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi, Evidence centers on two detectives (Moyer and Mitchell) who attempt to piece together what happened at the scene of a brutal massacre using a number of recording devices found at the crime scene. Torrey DeVitto (Vampire Diaries) also stars in the movie, which was written by John Swetnam.
“Evidence is a unique, gripping and gritty thriller unlike others since it constructs the story from the perspectives of the victims,” Bill Bromiley, Image’s chief acquisition officer, said in a statement.
Bold Film’s Michel Litvak and David Lancaster produced the movie with Swetnam and Jake Wagner. Bold’s Gary Michael Walters and Anthony Rhulen executive produced along with Marc Platt, Adam Siegel and Nik Mavinkurve.
The deal was negotiated by Bromiley, Mark Ward and Michael Bayer on behalf of Image Entertainment with Miles Mogulescu and Alex Coffee on behalf of Bold Films.
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss
- Rashida Jones Talks 'Hot Girls Wanted' & Porn: It's Almost Part Of Our Mainstream