TALENT SIGNINGS: New Clients at UTA, CAA, ICM and Paradigm
The week's worth of new agency signings.
Tia and Tamera Mowry, best known for their 1990s sitcom Sister, Sister, have signed with UTA. The twin sisters currently star on the Style Network's reality series Tia & Tamera. Tia also stars on the BET comedy The Game. She is also represented by manager Adam Griffin of Kritzer Levine Wilkins Griffin Entertainment and attorney Brad Small at Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman and Goodman LLP. Tamera is also represented by manager Tracy Steinsapir at Main Title Entertainment and attorney Kevin Garlitz at Loeb & Loeb.
Writer-actor Barry Rothbart, who will appear on the new season of MTV's Punk'd, has signed with ICM. Rothbart, also a comedian, was named one of the new Faces of Comedy at this summer's Just for Laughs festival in Montreal. He is also represented by management company 3 Arts Entertainment.
Alex Shaffer, who starred in Tom McCarthy's Sundance breakout Win Win, has signed with CAA. Win Win was Shaffer's debut film performance. He is also represented by management company Anonymous Content.
Production shingle Lizard Trading Co., which produces Animal Planet's Whale Wars, has signed with CAA. The company's other programs include Killer Outbreaks and Jockeys, both of which also appear on Animal Planet.
Writer-producer Michael Angeli, most recently a writer and co-executive producer on NBC's Law & Order: Criminal Intent, has signed with Paradigm. Angeli has also served as consulting producer on USA's In Plain Sight and co-executive producer and writer on SyFy's Battlestar Galactica. He was nominated for an Emmy in 2008 for outstanding writing for a drama series for Battlestar. He is also represented by law firm Hansen Jacobson Teller Hoberman Newman Warren Richman Rush & Kaller.
Actress Alicia Witt, whose film credits include The Upside of Anger, Mr. Holland's Opus and Vanilla Sky, has signed with Paradigm. Witt's television credits include recurring roles on NBC's Friday Night Lights and NBC's Law & Order: Criminal Intent; she also co-starred on CBS' Cybill for four seasons and appeared on David Lynch's Twin Peaks. She is also represented by management company Brillstein Entertainment Partners and law firm Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress