TALENT SIGNINGS ROUND-UP: Hailee Steinfeld Hires a Manager; New Clients at CAA, UTA, ICM, Paradigm, APA
The week's worth of new agency and management company signings.
Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld has signed with management company Magnolia Entertainment. The teenage actress rode a wave of buzz over her performance in last year’s True Grit to an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actress. She will next star as Juliet in a new Romeo and Juliet movie, to be produced by Julian Fellowes, who wrote the script; Seven Pounds helmer Garbiele Muccino is also producing along with former New Line executives Ileen Maisel and Mark Ordesky. Steinfeld also is attached to Forgotten, which is set up at Paramount, and a Sleeping Beauty script. She continues to be represented by ICM, Coast to Coast Talent Group, Protégé Entertainment and law firm Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman LLP.
Actor Jake McLaughlin, whose credits include In the Valley of Elah and Starz’s Crash, has signed with Paradigm. He recently wrapped Universal’s Safe House, and will soon begin shooting Oliver Stone’s The Savages this summer. McLaughlin is also represented by management company James / Levy Management.
Writer/producer Tedd Mann, whose credits include Deadwood and NYPD Blue, has signed APA. His writing and producing credits also include HBO’s John from Cincinnati and Starz’s Crash. Mann won an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series for his work on NYPD Blue, and has been nominated for four other Emmy awards. He is also represented by law firm Hansen Jacobson Teller Hoberman Newman Warren & Richman LLP.
Welsh actor Aneurin Barnard, who won an Oliver award for his performance in the London production of Spring Awakening, has signed with UTA. He will next be seen in the TV movie We'll Take Manhattan, the story of the affair between fashion photographer David Bailey and the model Jean Shrimpton. He is also represented by Ken McReddie Associates in the U.K., management company Anonymous Content and law firm Felker Toczek Gellman Suddleson LLP.
Jon Bokenkamp, whose writing credits include the Bruce Willis- and Halle Berry-starring Perfect Stranger and the Angelina Jolie vehicle Taking Lives, has signed with ICM. He is also represented by management company Brian Lutz Management.
Tim McAuliffe, former writer and showrunner for CTV’s Corner Gas and co-producer of NBC’s forthcoming Up All Night, has signed with CAA. The Writers Guild of Canada award winner was previously the showrunner of two Canadian television shows — CTV’s Corner Gas and CBC’s This Hour Has 22 Minutes. McAuliffe is also represented by management company 3 Arts Entertainment.
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity