Telluride 2011: Jennifer Garner's 'Butter' Sneaks Into Lineup
Olivia Wilde, Hugh Jackman and Ashley Greene also star in the ensemble comedy.
It looks like one of the last-minute sneaks at Telluride this year will be Butter, an ensemble comedy that the Weinstein Co. is releasing.
Jennifer Garner and producer Michael De Luca are up in the mountains to give the film, directed by Jim Field Smith and written by Jason Micallef, a first showing. Olivia Wilde, Hugh Jackman, Ashley Greene, Ty Burrell and Alicia Silverstone also star in the comedy about a small town butter-carving competition.
It’s not official yet, but it’s likely to get the slot Saturday night opposite the George Clooney tribute, which could cause a serious dilemma for passholders.
One option for festivalgoers who can’t stand the idea of missing Clooney: Butter also is set for a gala screening at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival on Sept. 13.
- See How Idris Elba Used Instagram, Wisdom to Respond to That Bond Critique
- Report: Nickelodeon Might Make Your Life and Bring Back Some of Your Favorite Childhood Classics
- Stephen Colbert, Jeb! Bush Get Into Intense VIP Offer War
- Watch The Biebs Explain What the Deal Was With All Those VMA Emotions, Forgetfully Reveal His New Album's Release Date
- Here's Lucy! Cate Blanchett to Play Lucille Ball
- Oscars 2016 Ceremony Will Have Two (or More) Hosts, Since It Went So Well Last Time
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Looking at Gina Rodriguez, Tatiana Maslany, Olivia Cooke For Lead Role
- Candace Cameron Bure Talks 'Fuller House': 'It Feels Like We Didn't Skip a Beat'