Telluride Film Festival Receives $50,000 Grant From Academy
The annual gift will once again underwrite the Colorado fest's guest director program.
For the fourth consecutive year, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has awarded a $50,000 grant to underwrite the Telluride Film Festival’s guest director program. Brazilian musician Caetano Veloso holds the position at this year's fest, which begins Friday.
"The Guest Director Program brings added depth and a rare variety of films to the festival that we consider an integral part of our program's success," said fest co-director Julie Huntsinger. "The generous support from the Academy and our ongoing partnership allows us to continue working with brilliant artists, whose film selections are sourced from film vaults across the globe, and put together a program our audience expects and deserves."
As a composer and songwriter for more than 40 years, Veloso has contributed to 100 film and television soundtracks, including that for Pedro Almodóvar’s Talk to Her. Recent guest directors have included author Michael Ondaatje, filmmaker Alexander Payne and political philosopher Slavoj Zizek.
The festival's full program will be announced Thursday.
- Here's the Full Tracklist for Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack (PHOTO & AUDIO)
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!