'The Following' Actor Signs With UTA (Exclusive)
After a splashy stateside debut in the Fox hit, Mexican-born Adan Canto has landed a role in the hot ABC pilot "Mixology."
There is life after death after all, at least for Adan Canto.
As Paul Torres, a member of Joe Carroll’s cult on Fox’s midseason hit The Following, he offered himself up as fellow follower Jacob’s first kill in the March 18 episode “Love Hurts.” (He reappeared in a guilty Jacob’s hallucinations in the following episode.)
But Canto is alive and well, signing with UTA in all areas and getting cast in ABC’s buzzy pilot Mixology, from The Hangover writers Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. Canto will play Dominic, the sexy bartender presiding over the Manhattan hotspot that serves as the setting of the single-camera comedy. The role is a guest spot with the option of being upgraded to regular if Mixology is ordered to series.
In his native Mexico, Canto is an established musician and actor whose credits include the play Todo Sobre Mi Madre (All About My Mother), an adaptation of Pedro Almodovar’s Oscar-winning 1999 film; the films Casi 30 (Almost 30) and Amar No Es Querer (To Love is Not To Want); and the Canal Once TV show Estado De Gracia (State Of Grace), on which he was a series regular.
Canto is also repped by Aida Bernal at Spellbound Entertainment and attorney Joseph R. Weiner of Miloknay Weiner.
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized