'The Following' Actor Signs With UTA (Exclusive)
After a splashy stateside debut in the Fox hit, Mexican-born Adan Canto has landed a role in the hot ABC pilot "Mixology."
There is life after death after all, at least for Adan Canto.
As Paul Torres, a member of Joe Carroll’s cult on Fox’s midseason hit The Following, he offered himself up as fellow follower Jacob’s first kill in the March 18 episode “Love Hurts.” (He reappeared in a guilty Jacob’s hallucinations in the following episode.)
But Canto is alive and well, signing with UTA in all areas and getting cast in ABC’s buzzy pilot Mixology, from The Hangover writers Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. Canto will play Dominic, the sexy bartender presiding over the Manhattan hotspot that serves as the setting of the single-camera comedy. The role is a guest spot with the option of being upgraded to regular if Mixology is ordered to series.
In his native Mexico, Canto is an established musician and actor whose credits include the play Todo Sobre Mi Madre (All About My Mother), an adaptation of Pedro Almodovar’s Oscar-winning 1999 film; the films Casi 30 (Almost 30) and Amar No Es Querer (To Love is Not To Want); and the Canal Once TV show Estado De Gracia (State Of Grace), on which he was a series regular.
Canto is also repped by Aida Bernal at Spellbound Entertainment and attorney Joseph R. Weiner of Miloknay Weiner.
- Bill Maher And Bernie Sanders Take Down 'Chicken' Donald Trump
- LeBron James Jr. Is Headed To A Sixth Straight NBA Finals
- America's Sweetheart Susan Lucci Opens Up About Love, Fans and the Little Boy Who Won Her Heart
- Harry Connick, Jr. Tells Grads: It's Exciting If You Don't Have Your Career Planned
- Glee’s Mark Salling Indicted on Two Counts in Child Pornography Case
- How Old Is Everyone Supposed to Be in X-Men: Apocalypse?
- Penelope Cruz And Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash On The Tonight Show And You Know, Look, Live Television Is Not Easy
- Emilia Clarke, What Are You Doing? Don’t Watch Game of Thrones With Your Parents