'Thor' Director Kenneth Branagh in Talks for 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society'
The Fox 2000 feature is an adaptation of the 2008 novel written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
Kenneth Branagh is weighing an offer to direct an adaptation of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society for Fox 2000. Don Roos (The Opposite of Sex) wrote the screenplay.
The 2008 novel written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows follows a thirtysomething author swarmed by letters from inhabitants of her once-German-occupied British island in the aftermath of World War II. Paula Mazur and Mitchell Kaplan are producing.
Repped by WME and The Hofflund Company, Branagh most recently directed Thor for Paramount and Marvel Studios; it has grossed $448 million worldwide since its May release. Fox 2000 hopes to begin filming Guernsey in the spring, but Branagh plans to fit in another feature in the interim.
He will next be seen on screen in My Week With Marilyn, which hits theaters in November.
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Zoe Saldana Gets Gifted Two Halloween Costumes For Twins in 'Queen Latifah Show' Exclusive Video
- Oscar de la Renta Dead - Legendary Fashion Designer Dies at 82
- Pregnant Blake Lively Accentuates Baby Bump with a Beaming Ryan Reynolds By Her Side!
- Rachel Bilson Gets a Checkup Before Her Baby's Arrival!