'Thor' Director Kenneth Branagh in Talks for 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society'
The Fox 2000 feature is an adaptation of the 2008 novel written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
Kenneth Branagh is weighing an offer to direct an adaptation of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society for Fox 2000. Don Roos (The Opposite of Sex) wrote the screenplay.
The 2008 novel written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows follows a thirtysomething author swarmed by letters from inhabitants of her once-German-occupied British island in the aftermath of World War II. Paula Mazur and Mitchell Kaplan are producing.
Repped by WME and The Hofflund Company, Branagh most recently directed Thor for Paramount and Marvel Studios; it has grossed $448 million worldwide since its May release. Fox 2000 hopes to begin filming Guernsey in the spring, but Branagh plans to fit in another feature in the interim.
He will next be seen on screen in My Week With Marilyn, which hits theaters in November.
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup