New 'Titanic' Poster Touting 3D Rerelease Debuts (Photo)
The 1997 James Cameron blockbuster will hit IMAX and 3D theaters April 6, 2012.
The official poster for Paramount's 3D rerelease of James Cameron's epic romance Titanic has been released.
Titanic will be released on IMAX and in 3D theaters on April 6 and if the one-sheet is any indication, it will add another layer to the experience previously had when the Leonardo DiCaprio-Kate Winslet tearjerker, written and directed by Cameron, first opened in 1997. At the worldwide box office, the film grossed $1.84 billion.
At the time the release date was announced in May, Cameron noted that now was the prime time to show the film again.
"There's a whole generation that's never seen Titanic as it was meant to be seen, on the big screen," Cameron said. "And this will be Titanic as you've never seen it before, digitally remastered at 4K and painstakingly converted to 3D. With the emotional power intact and the images more powerful than ever, this will be an epic experience for fans and newcomers alike."
The film ended up garnering 11 Academy Awards, including best picture and best director. It also introduced American moviegoers to DiCaprio and Winslet, now bonafide stars.
The poster is far different from the one that marketed the original. That one featured the front of the Titanic ship with DiCaprio and Winslet peering down. Titanic follows the tragic story of the sinking of the RMS Titanic. DiCaprio plays Jack Dawson and Winslet portrays Rose DeWitt Bukater.
- A Teacher Was Suspended for Playing Lonely Island and Duck Sauce, Exceedingly the Legal Teacher Coolness Limit
- ‘Standing on the Sidelines Is Political’: Third Eye Blind’s Stephan Jenkins on Riling Up Republicans in Cleveland
- The BBC Dreamed a Dream of a Les Misérables TV Event Series, Now It’s Come True
- But Seriously, When Will Cheryl Hines’s Emu Die?
- Chloe Moretz Announces She'll Speak at Democratic National Convention
- 'Valerian & the City of a Thousand Planets' Comic-Con Image Released!
- Stephen Colbert Responds to Rumors That James Corden will Take Over 'Late Show' Time Slot
- Adriana Lima & Alessandra Ambrosio Will be Heading to Rio as Correspondents for the Olympics!