Tom Cruise Mulling Offer to Take on Jack Reacher in 'One Shot'
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the Lee Child novel for the screen and will direct for Paramount.
Tom Cruise has an offer in hand to star in the thriller One Shot for Paramount Pictures.
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the 2005 Lee Child novel for the screen and will also direct. In the book, ex-Army cop Reacher gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniper accused of killing five random people in a shooting.
Skydance Prods. is producing with Paramount.
McQuarrie co-wrote the screenplay for Valkyrie, which Cruise toplined in 2008, worked on an adaptation of The Monster of Florence for Cruise when the project was at United Artists/MGM and co-wrote The Tourist, to which Cruise was once attached before Johnny Depp took the role.
The CAA-repped Cruise is filming Rock of Ages for Warner Bros. and next has Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol in theaters in December through Paramount. He is also attached to star in Oblivion for Universal.
- The 2016 Election Is Secretly A 'Game Of Thrones' Episode, According To The Internet
- Is That You, Lucy? In the Sky, With Diamonds? On Netflix Kids' Show Beat Bugs, It Feels Like Only Yesterday
- Julia Roberts Says 'Pretty Woman' Director Garry Marshall Was 'A Giant In Every Way'
- 35 Celebrities Who Attended Public Colleges
- Dust Off Your Stair Car, Because Arrested Development Is ‘Very Close’ to Getting a New Season
- Amy Schumer Would Definitely Be Friends With Lorelai Gilmore
- StartUp Trailer: Martin Freeman and Adam Brody Disrupt the Cartel Business
- Gilmore Girls Gets a Thanksgiving Weekend Premiere Date and First Teaser