Tom Cruise Mulling Offer to Take on Jack Reacher in 'One Shot'
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the Lee Child novel for the screen and will direct for Paramount.
Tom Cruise has an offer in hand to star in the thriller One Shot for Paramount Pictures.
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the 2005 Lee Child novel for the screen and will also direct. In the book, ex-Army cop Reacher gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniper accused of killing five random people in a shooting.
Skydance Prods. is producing with Paramount.
McQuarrie co-wrote the screenplay for Valkyrie, which Cruise toplined in 2008, worked on an adaptation of The Monster of Florence for Cruise when the project was at United Artists/MGM and co-wrote The Tourist, to which Cruise was once attached before Johnny Depp took the role.
The CAA-repped Cruise is filming Rock of Ages for Warner Bros. and next has Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol in theaters in December through Paramount. He is also attached to star in Oblivion for Universal.
- The Cast Of 'Scandal' Looked Perfectly At Home In The Real White House
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Female Filmmakers Have it Just as Rough in Europe as They Do in Hollywood
- Captain America Brings Freedom To Foreign Lands With $200 Million Overseas Opening
- Mads Mikkelsen Wants to See Hannibal Return Just As Much As You Do
- Radiohead Erases All Social Media and Their Website Has Faded to White; Is This an Anti-Viral Marketing Campaign?