Tom Cruise Mulling Offer to Take on Jack Reacher in 'One Shot'
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the Lee Child novel for the screen and will direct for Paramount.
Tom Cruise has an offer in hand to star in the thriller One Shot for Paramount Pictures.
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the 2005 Lee Child novel for the screen and will also direct. In the book, ex-Army cop Reacher gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniper accused of killing five random people in a shooting.
Skydance Prods. is producing with Paramount.
McQuarrie co-wrote the screenplay for Valkyrie, which Cruise toplined in 2008, worked on an adaptation of The Monster of Florence for Cruise when the project was at United Artists/MGM and co-wrote The Tourist, to which Cruise was once attached before Johnny Depp took the role.
The CAA-repped Cruise is filming Rock of Ages for Warner Bros. and next has Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol in theaters in December through Paramount. He is also attached to star in Oblivion for Universal.
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014