Tom Cruise Mulling Offer to Take on Jack Reacher in 'One Shot'
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the Lee Child novel for the screen and will direct for Paramount.
Tom Cruise has an offer in hand to star in the thriller One Shot for Paramount Pictures.
Christopher McQuarrie, who has worked on the screenplays for several Cruise projects in the past few years, has adapted the 2005 Lee Child novel for the screen and will also direct. In the book, ex-Army cop Reacher gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniper accused of killing five random people in a shooting.
Skydance Prods. is producing with Paramount.
McQuarrie co-wrote the screenplay for Valkyrie, which Cruise toplined in 2008, worked on an adaptation of The Monster of Florence for Cruise when the project was at United Artists/MGM and co-wrote The Tourist, to which Cruise was once attached before Johnny Depp took the role.
The CAA-repped Cruise is filming Rock of Ages for Warner Bros. and next has Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol in theaters in December through Paramount. He is also attached to star in Oblivion for Universal.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!