Tom Cruise Rocks Out in First Twitter Picture From ‘Rock of Ages’
Director Adam Shankman tweets a first-look pic of Cruise as Stacee Jaxx from the forthcoming film adaptation of Broadway hit “Rock of Ages.”
Fans got a good early look at Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages via Twitter Friday.
The forthcoming film’s director, Adam Shankman, sent out the first picture of Cruise from Rock of Ages via a tweet, in which fans can see Cruise rocking out with long hair.
Cruise plays Stacee Jaxx, an aging musician whose glory days are long past, in the anticipated movie, which had a successful touring run in theaters recently with American Idol alum Constantine Maroulis in the lead.
The Jaxx character has “elements of Axl Rose, Keith Richards and Bret Michaels," the director told USA Today Friday regarding the role.
"We did a huge amount of research on what people were going through in this period," he added from the set in Miami.
Paul Giamatti, Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star in the film, expected to open next summer.
Shankman's Offspring Entertainment, Tobey Maguire's Maguire Entertainment and Corner Store Entertainment are producing. Garrett Grant is executive producing.
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010