Tribeca 2013: Festival Announces 60 Selected Shorts, Headlined by Elijah Wood, Elle Fanning
Culled from over 2800 entries, the 60 films that will play in New York will compete for Oscar contention.
The Tribeca Film Festival's 2013 lineup has added 60 short films that run the gamut from documentary to narrative and experimental and include stars such as Elijah Wood, Elle Fanning and Lauren Ambrose.
The program is broken down into eight categories, with themes that include first person narrative, late night genre (think: vampires and werewolves), New York City and apocalyptic disasters.
Beyond festival recognition, the winners of Tribeca's Best Narrative Short award and Best Documentary Short awards will be automatically qualified for next year's Academy Awards, circumventing other required points of entry.
The festival, in its 12th year, received over 2800 entries, and the final selection of 60 films represent 19 different nations.
The Tribeca Film Festival will run from April 17-28, kicked off by an opening night documentary about and concert starring indie rock band The National. The roster of full length features that will play at the festival include projects from Paul Rudd, Julianne Moore, Russell Crowe, John Slattery and Naomi Watts.
- A Brief Look at Will Ferrell’s Brief Involvement With a Ronald Reagan Dementia Movie
- Of Course the Cheesecake Factory Responded to Drake’s Views Shout-out With a Meme
- Elisabeth Moss Will Star in Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale, Trading the Sexist Past of Mad Men for the Sexist Future of Gilead
- Why the Ghostbusters Trailer Is the Most-Hated Movie Trailer on YouTube
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Say Their Football Rivalries Test Their Love
- Taylor Swift & Selena Gomez Are Going to the Met Ball Together!
- Daya & The Chainsmokers Defy Gravity in 'Don't Let Me Down' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Adriana Lima Found the Only 'Gringo' at the Billboard Latin Music Awards - Andy Samberg!