Tribeca 2013: Festival Announces 60 Selected Shorts, Headlined by Elijah Wood, Elle Fanning
Culled from over 2800 entries, the 60 films that will play in New York will compete for Oscar contention.
The Tribeca Film Festival's 2013 lineup has added 60 short films that run the gamut from documentary to narrative and experimental and include stars such as Elijah Wood, Elle Fanning and Lauren Ambrose.
The program is broken down into eight categories, with themes that include first person narrative, late night genre (think: vampires and werewolves), New York City and apocalyptic disasters.
Beyond festival recognition, the winners of Tribeca's Best Narrative Short award and Best Documentary Short awards will be automatically qualified for next year's Academy Awards, circumventing other required points of entry.
The festival, in its 12th year, received over 2800 entries, and the final selection of 60 films represent 19 different nations.
The Tribeca Film Festival will run from April 17-28, kicked off by an opening night documentary about and concert starring indie rock band The National. The roster of full length features that will play at the festival include projects from Paul Rudd, Julianne Moore, Russell Crowe, John Slattery and Naomi Watts.
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak