Tribeca Film Festival Launches Online Version of Fest
Six features and 18 short films will be available for streaming.
The 2011 Tribeca Film Festival, which runs April 20 to May 1 in lower Manhattan, will have a new online component that features new ways for audiences to experience the festival, now in its 10th year.
The Tribeca (Online) Film Festival will include a free streaming-room showcase of six features from the program as well as 18 short films. Each film will have three to five 24-hour screening windows that have a limited number of "seats" available. Online viewers will be able to vote for the best online feature and short film, which will win cash prizes.
Online audiences will also be able to watch live streams of events and interact with other audience members, submit questions to a bank of festival execs and other notables and access detailed information on all of the online fest filmmakers. There will also be a Future of Film blog that will include posts from film and technology experts.
The features in the lineup include Donor Unknown, directed by Jerry Rothwell (U.K.); Flowers of Evil (Fleurs du Mal), directed by David Dusa, written by Dusa, Raphaëlle Maes and Louise Molière (France); My Last Round (Mi Último Round), directed and written by Julio Jorquera (Chile, Argentina); Neon Flesh (Carne de Neon), directed and written by Paco Cabezas (Spain, Argentina, Sweden); New York Says Thank You, directed by Scott Rettberg (USA); and Rabies (Kalevet), directed and written by Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado (Israel).
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical
- Chloe Grace Moretz Officially Joins 'The 5th Wave'
- 'Trailer Park Boys 3: Don't Legalize It': Ricky, Julian and Bubbles Encourage You To Go See It (VIDEO)
- Here's the 'Green Inferno' Trailer You've Been Waiting For (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Final 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Trailer Is Jam-Packed With Mutants (VIDEO)