Tribeca Film Institute and Heineken Launch Grant for Latino Filmmakers
The Heineken Voces grants will support American Latinos, and not only Latin America-based talent.
Longtime Tribeca Film Festival sponsor Heineken USA is launching Heineken Voces, a grant under the Tribeca Film Institute Latin American Media Fund designed to support Hispanic filmmakers. The grant will expand the fund’s reach by supporting American Latinos, and not only Latin America-based talent, in their efforts to tell stories that reflect their diverse cultures.
Those awarded the grant will receive one-on-one guidance and consultation from the Tribeca Film Institute, as well as funding to help them finish their films and get their work into the marketplace. Submissions for the 2012 grant will be accepted in September 2011 via www.tribecafilminstitute.org. All grantees must be in production on a feature length film.
“At Heineken, we are excited to elevate our partnership with Tribeca to honor the contributions of American Latino filmmakers and give them access to new resources,” said Heineken brand manager Carolyn Concepcion. “Whether it is through music, art or film, we are proud to develop ways to help emerging talent realize their creative journey. We know there is a need for Hispanic talent in the U.S. to be given the opportunity to showcase and perfect their artistic creations.”
- True Detective Recap: Sad and Lonely People
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Victoria & David Beckham Head Back to LA After Guy Ritchie's Wedding
- Tom Cruise Promotes 'Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation' After Box Office Win!
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today