'Trishna' Trailer: Freida Pinto, Riz Ahmed Fall in -- and Out -- of Love (Video)
Michael Winterbottom’s new adaptation of “Tess of the d’Urbervilles” will open in the U.S. in limited release on July 13.
Ahead of its U.S. debut at the Tribeca Film Festival, IFC Films has released the first full-length trailer for Michael Winterbottom’s India-set drama.
The updated adaptation of Thomas Hardy’s novel Tess of the d’Urvervilles stars Freida Pinto as the title character -- a poor girl who falls in love with a wealthy young businessman, played by Riz Ahmed (Four Lions). The couple engages in a forbidden romance, which becomes increasingly tragic as time wears on.
The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2011 and will be shown at Tribeca later this month. Trishna is set for a limited release in the U.S. on July 13.
Watch the trailer above.
- The Letterman Years: Stories From Behind the Scenes of the Show That Changed Comedy Forever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer: At the Very End of the World, Everything Looks Insane
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Is Already in Trouble on Twitter [Updated]
- Ludacris on Ludaversal, Paul Walker, and Reinventing Himself
- Vin Diesel Debuts New 'Furious 7' Clip Starring Paul Walker on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' - Watch Here!
- Uzo Aduba & Lily Rabe Help Honor Sarah Paulson at MCC Theater Miscast Gala 2015!
- Scott Eastwood on Dad Clint: 'He Doesn't Give Handouts'
- Gigi Hadid: It's Not Okay to Model Until You're 25 & Then Become a Housewife