'Trishna' Trailer: Freida Pinto, Riz Ahmed Fall in -- and Out -- of Love (Video)
Michael Winterbottom’s new adaptation of “Tess of the d’Urbervilles” will open in the U.S. in limited release on July 13.
Ahead of its U.S. debut at the Tribeca Film Festival, IFC Films has released the first full-length trailer for Michael Winterbottom’s India-set drama.
The updated adaptation of Thomas Hardy’s novel Tess of the d’Urvervilles stars Freida Pinto as the title character -- a poor girl who falls in love with a wealthy young businessman, played by Riz Ahmed (Four Lions). The couple engages in a forbidden romance, which becomes increasingly tragic as time wears on.
The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2011 and will be shown at Tribeca later this month. Trishna is set for a limited release in the U.S. on July 13.
Watch the trailer above.
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'