Tyler Perry Extends Deal With Lionsgate
11:22 AM PDT 3/31/2011 by Etan Vessing
Continuing one of its most fruitful collaborations, Lionsgate has extended its first-look deal with filmmaker Tyler Perry. The arrangement, which first began in 2005, will cover films and home entertainment.
Lionsgate has reupped with film producer and director Tyler Perry to keep the printing presses rolling.The new multi-year deal means the iconic filmmaker will remain with Lionsgate after the indie studio first started making a mint with the Diary Of A Mad Black Woman film in 2005. Lionsgate will continue to distribute Tyler Perry's films, starting with Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family on April 22. Future projects include two additional Madea franchise films, with the option of more films with Perry attached as a producer, writer, director and/or star. They will be made as part of a pact with Perry’s production companies 34th Street Films, Very Perry Films, and Tyler Perry Studios. Lionsgate will also continue to distribute Perry's DVDs based on his films and stage plays. Perry’s most recent extension is up in August. The deal was negotiated by Matt Johnson from Ziffren Brittenham and WME for Perry. "Tyler Perry is one of the most powerful and unique entertainment brands in the world today, with a fan base that is virtually unrivalled in its loyalty and passion," Lionsgate co-chairman and CEO Jon Feltheimer said in a statement.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!