Universal to Distribute Oliver Stone’s ‘Savages’
2:55 PM PDT 3/28/2011 by Borys Kit
The filmmaker has been slowly putting together the acting pieces for his latest pic, an adaptation of a Don Winslow novel.
Universal has closed a deal to distribute Savages, the latest project from Oliver Stone. The filmmaker has been slowly putting together the acting pieces for his latest pic, an adaptation of a Don Winslow novel, which made it attractive for studios to toss their hats into the distribution ring. Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass), Taylor Kitsch (Battleship), Benicio del Toro and Salma Hayek are in various stages of discussions to board the project. Stone and Shane Salerno wrote the script, which follows two laid-back beach-bum marijuana dealers run afoul a Mexican cartel run by a ruthless female boss who, in order to force her competition to submit, kidnaps the duo’s mutual girlfriend. Jennifer Lawrence was in talks to play the girlfriend, names O or Ophelia, but bowed out when she landed the lead role in Lionsgate’s Hunger Games. Stone is eying a June shoot.
- 'Jungle Book' Continues To Rule The Box Office As 'Mother's Day' Fails To Impress
- Patton Oswalt Shares Touching Quote From 7-Year-Old Daughter After Wife's Death
- DJ Khaled Was 'Talking Mogul Talk' With Arianna Huffington At White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Kendall Jenner Was Starstruck For The 'First Time Ever' After Meeting Obama
- Radiohead Erases All Social Media and Their Website Has Faded to White; Is This an Anti-Viral Marketing Campaign?
- Ringling Bros. Circus Will Feature Performing Elephants for the Final Time Tonight
- What, You Thought Carrie Fisher Wasn't Going to Bring Her Dog, Gary Fisher, to the Correspondents' Dinner?
- Why Mark Schultz Isn't in Team Foxcatcher