Universal to Distribute Oliver Stone’s ‘Savages’
2:55 PM PDT 3/28/2011 by Borys Kit
The filmmaker has been slowly putting together the acting pieces for his latest pic, an adaptation of a Don Winslow novel.
Universal has closed a deal to distribute Savages, the latest project from Oliver Stone. The filmmaker has been slowly putting together the acting pieces for his latest pic, an adaptation of a Don Winslow novel, which made it attractive for studios to toss their hats into the distribution ring. Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass), Taylor Kitsch (Battleship), Benicio del Toro and Salma Hayek are in various stages of discussions to board the project. Stone and Shane Salerno wrote the script, which follows two laid-back beach-bum marijuana dealers run afoul a Mexican cartel run by a ruthless female boss who, in order to force her competition to submit, kidnaps the duo’s mutual girlfriend. Jennifer Lawrence was in talks to play the girlfriend, names O or Ophelia, but bowed out when she landed the lead role in Lionsgate’s Hunger Games. Stone is eying a June shoot.
- 7 Former Cats Cast Members on Learning to Play Feline
- It's Summertime, Time to Sit Back And Unwind, But Will Smith Can't Stop Perfecting His Tonight Show Entrance
- 1776 Versions of Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer React to Hillary Clinton's Nomination And the Slow Butter Churn of Progress
- Chris Evans in Talks to Play Jekyll; Chris Evans Also in Talks to Play Hyde
- Katy Perry Gets Support From Boyfriend Orlando Bloom & Mia Moretti At DNC 2016!
- Natalie Portman's 'Jackie' Biopic Will Premiere at Venice Film Festival 2016
- Michael Cera Has Too Much Fun As Robin in 'Lego Batman' Trailer!
- Rupert Friend & Aimee Mullins Star in Sci-Fi Short Film 'Stryka' Together! (Video)