UTA Signs 'Extreme Makeover' Host Ty Pennington (Exclusive)
The agency will represent Pennington as a host and producer in scripted and unscripted television.
Ty Pennington, who has spent eight seasons as host of ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, has signed with UTA. The agency will represent Pennington as a host and producer in scripted and unscripted television and also will handle digital media and endorsements.
In addition to ABC's long-running reality hit, Pennington also hosts Ty's Great British Adventure on UKTVHome and TVLand and American Journey on HLN. He also will continue to host regular Extreme Makeover specials.
UTA's Chris Newman, who recently joined the agency from WME, signed Pennington and will be his lead agent. Pennington had been without an agent for more than a decade. He continues to be represented by managers Drea Bock and Bill Stankey of Westport Entertainment Associates.
"Ty is a powerful lifestyle brand, and together with UTA, who shares our vision, we intend to build bigger businesses for Ty across multiple platforms," Stankey and Bock said in a statement to THR.
- INTERVIEW: Chloë Grace Moretz, Liana Liberato, and Gayle Forman on If I Stay
- Dead Daisies and Beyond: Chats with Dizzy Reed, The Verve Pipe's Brian Vander Ark, Jean-Luc Ponty and Uriah Heep's Mick Box
- The Ever Changing Face of the Music Industry
- Michael Egan Can't Find A Lawyer In Case Against Bryan Singer
- New 'Walking Dead' Teaser Features Screaming, Uncertainty, and...Gas Masks? (VIDEO)
- 13 WTF Moments In MTV VMAs History (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Dressed as Star-Lord for a Visit to a Children's Hospital, Melting Our Hearts in the Process
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Comic-Book Sequel