'Warrior': Tom Hardy Spars With a Professional Fighter in New Clip (Video)
The Lionsgate film opens in theaters Sept. 9.
A new clip from the Tom Hardy-Joel Edgerton mixed martial arts drama Warrior has surfaced.
In the scene, Hardy's character Tommy Riordan, the youngest son of an alcoholic boxer (Nick Nolte) is put into the ring with a professional fighter -- and as one can imagine, he beats him silly. "You owe me $200 bucks," he says after the brief scuffle. Edgerton plays Tommy's brother Brendan.
The Hollywood Reporter's Kirk Honeycutt praised director Gavin O'Connor's latest film, saying it "makes for a sturdy, visceral entertainment." A raw family drama "disguised as a brutal fight film, Warrior "grabs you in early scenes, intense though low-key before all hell breaks loose, then keeps you riveted."
Lionsgate is planning on previewing the Pittsburgh-set film during Labor Day weekend, utilizing Twitter and ad dedicated website to drive ticket sales and word of mouth ahead of its Sept. 9 release.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues