WB and Focus International to Distribute 'Cloud Atlas,' Starring Tom Hanks
Warner Bros. and Focus Features International are set to distribute "Cloud Atlas," which has Tom Hanks attached to star. Based on David Mitchell's best-selling 2004 novel, the project is being co-written and co-directed by "Matrix" filmmakers Andy and Lana Wachowski and "Run Lola Run" writer-director Tom Tykwer.
Warner Bros. and Focus Features International are set to distribute Cloud Atlas, which has Tom Hanks attached to star. Based on David Mitchell's best-selling 2004 novel, the project is being co-written and co-directed by Matrix filmmakers Andy and Lana Wachowski and Run Lola Run writer-director Tom Tykwer.
Grant Hill and Stefan Arndt are producing the film with the Wachowskis under their new Five Drops label. Philip Lee will serve as executive producer.
Warner Bros. will distribute the film in North America, and Focus Int'l will handle foreign sales at Cannes and distribution on behalf of Anarchos Pictures and X Filme. The filmmakers plan to start filming in September.
Mitchell's book follows six storylines that include a 19th century American notary, a poor British musician in the 1930s, a journalist in 1970s California, a vanity press publisher in the early 21st century, a rebellious clone in the near future and a primitive Hawaiian tribesman surviving after the apocalypse.
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'