Oscilloscope Moves Up Release of 'We Need to Talk About Kevin'
The psychological thriller will now open Jan. 13 in New York and one week later in Los Angeles.
Oscilloscope Laboratories has moved up the theatrical release of We Need to Talk About Kevin to Jan. 13, when it will open at New York's Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and Angelika Film Center. The drama will open at the Arclight Hollywood Theater in L.A. on Jan. 20.
The Lynne Ramsay-directed thriller stars Tilda Swinton and John C. Reilly as parents of an increasingly disturbed and disturbing son, played by Ezra Miller.
"We had an amazing one-week qualifying run in December where the film's attendance exceeded even our highest expectations," Oscilloscope president David Fenkel said. "The reviews were stellar, and the word-of-mouth is only growing. It's an intense psychological thriller that audiences feel the need to talk about afterwards. By definition this is an ideal 'word of mouth' film. Theaters are excited to have a quality arthouse genre film to bring in younger audiences."
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- Tom Cruise Promotes 'Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation' After Box Office Win!
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie