Wes Anderson Directs Sony Xperia TV Ad (Video)
The filmmaker puts out another commercial, this time harnessing another one of his trademark techniques.
Wes Anderson has been busy, and not just behind the camera of major motion pictures; the indie favorite has also found some spare time to direct some astounding television commercials.
The Royal Tenenbaums filmmaker, whose next film, Moonrise Kingdom hits theaters this summer, has just released a new ad for the Sony Xperia smart TV. And while two ads that he made for the Hyundai Azera (which aired during the Super Bowl) displayed his signature anachronistic technology, side-panning camera movements and sense of human whimsy, this new one utilized another one of his strengths: stop motion animation.
Anderson, who has directed five live action features, most recently put into theaters The Fantastic Mr. Fox, a stop motion adaptation of the classic Roald Dahl children's book. And while the character details -- from wind-blown fur to expressive faces -- were deeper in that film, the Sony Xperia ad hangs on to the basic charms of the artform to make for a fun exploration of the imagination.
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!