Wes Anderson Directs Sony Xperia TV Ad (Video)
The filmmaker puts out another commercial, this time harnessing another one of his trademark techniques.
Wes Anderson has been busy, and not just behind the camera of major motion pictures; the indie favorite has also found some spare time to direct some astounding television commercials.
The Royal Tenenbaums filmmaker, whose next film, Moonrise Kingdom hits theaters this summer, has just released a new ad for the Sony Xperia smart TV. And while two ads that he made for the Hyundai Azera (which aired during the Super Bowl) displayed his signature anachronistic technology, side-panning camera movements and sense of human whimsy, this new one utilized another one of his strengths: stop motion animation.
Anderson, who has directed five live action features, most recently put into theaters The Fantastic Mr. Fox, a stop motion adaptation of the classic Roald Dahl children's book. And while the character details -- from wind-blown fur to expressive faces -- were deeper in that film, the Sony Xperia ad hangs on to the basic charms of the artform to make for a fun exploration of the imagination.
- The 9 Best 'Sharknado' GIFs Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Amy Poehler & Aubrey Plaza Celebrate with Chris Pratt at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening After Party!
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Jessica Found Dead at 47
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Hilarious 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Prank on The Roots - Watch Now!
- Girls' Allison Williams Lands Peter Pan Role in 'Peter Pan Live' on NBC!