Wes Anderson Directs Sony Xperia TV Ad (Video)
The filmmaker puts out another commercial, this time harnessing another one of his trademark techniques.
Wes Anderson has been busy, and not just behind the camera of major motion pictures; the indie favorite has also found some spare time to direct some astounding television commercials.
The Royal Tenenbaums filmmaker, whose next film, Moonrise Kingdom hits theaters this summer, has just released a new ad for the Sony Xperia smart TV. And while two ads that he made for the Hyundai Azera (which aired during the Super Bowl) displayed his signature anachronistic technology, side-panning camera movements and sense of human whimsy, this new one utilized another one of his strengths: stop motion animation.
Anderson, who has directed five live action features, most recently put into theaters The Fantastic Mr. Fox, a stop motion adaptation of the classic Roald Dahl children's book. And while the character details -- from wind-blown fur to expressive faces -- were deeper in that film, the Sony Xperia ad hangs on to the basic charms of the artform to make for a fun exploration of the imagination.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!