Will Ferrell's 'Casa de mi Padre' Trailer Hits the Web (Video)
The actor stars in Pantelion Films' Spanish-language comedy along with Diego Luna and Gael Garcia Bernal.
Will Ferrell is very dedicated to his comedy craft. So dedicated that he learned a foreign language just to find a new way to make people laugh.
The first full-length trailer for Casa de mi Padre, the Spanish language comedy starring Ferrell, premiered, showing Ferrell talking – and singing – in Spanish.
The Pantelion Films project stars Ferrell as Armando Alvarez who works on his father's ranch in Mexico. As the ranch encounters financial difficulties, Armando's younger brother Raul (Diego Luna) shows up with his new fiancée, Sonia (Genesis Rodriguez). When Armando falls for Sonia, and Raul's business dealings turn out to be less than legit, all hell breaks loose as they find themselves in a war with Mexico's most feared drug lord, the mighty Onza (Gael Garcia Bernal).
The film is based on the telenovela style of soap operas, and therefore includes plenty of over-passionate love scenes, snazzy white suits, dramatic mustaches and slow-motion gunfights.
Directed by Matt Piedmont, who has helmed projects for Ferrell’s Funny or Die and Saturday Night Live, Casa de mi Padre is set for release on March 16.
- Best of Late Night TV: Lucy Hale's 'Pretty Little Liars' Censorship, Stephen Hawking's Whitney Houston Crush (VIDEO)
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 17: Deep Freeze
- Netflix Is Yanking These Movies and Shows on February 1, 2015
- Female 'Ghostbusters' Casts Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, 'SNL' Stars
- Joaquin Phoenix On Awards: 'The Oscars Have Completely Changed My Career for the Better'
- Rita Ora Gets 'Really Distracted' By Handsome 'Voice UK' Contestant!
- 'The Messengers' Star Shantel VanSanten Shows Off Her Rockin' Bikini Bod for 'Maxim' Magazine
- Courteney Cox, Busy Philipps & 'Cougar Town' Crew Celebrate at Series Wrap Party!