Will Ferrell Comedy 'Casa de mi Padre' Picked Up By Pantelion Films
The Spanish-language film will get a March 16 release.
Pantelion Films has acquired U.S. rights to Casa de mi Padre, the NALA Films and Gary Sanchez Productions comedy starring Will Ferrell. The company plans a March 16 release.
Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Genesis Rodriguez, Efren Ramirez, Adrian Martinez, Pedro Armendáriz Jr. and Nick Offerman also star in the Spanish-language film, directed by Matt Piedmont. An homage to the telenovela, Padre centers on a Mexican ranchman who gets mixed up with a local drug lord and his brother's fiancee as their father's ranch hangs in the balance.
“We cannot imagine a better vehicle than Casa de mi Padre to demonstrate how a Spanish language film can appeal to a broad mainstream audience,” said Pantelion CEO Paul Presburger. “We are enthusiastic about joining forces with NALA Films on this project and feel that Will, Matt and Andrew have proven that if it’s funny, we all laugh in the same language.”
In partnership with Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa, Pantelion Films focuses on releasing entertainment for Hispanic audiences. NALA Films financed the project.
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Meet Pete Davidson, the Newest 'Saturday Night Live' Featured Player (VIDEO)
- Kerry Washington Fights Against Domestic Violence at Purple Purse Programe
- Taylor Schilling & Laura Prepon Bring 'OITNB' to Netflix Launch in Paris!
- Bradley Cooper & Suki Waterhouse Meet Up With Sienna Miller & Tom Sturridge For Dinner!
- Kim Kardashian Defends Husband Kanye West After Wheelchair Concert Controversy