Will Ferrell Comedy 'Casa de mi Padre' Picked Up By Pantelion Films
The Spanish-language film will get a March 16 release.
Pantelion Films has acquired U.S. rights to Casa de mi Padre, the NALA Films and Gary Sanchez Productions comedy starring Will Ferrell. The company plans a March 16 release.
Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Genesis Rodriguez, Efren Ramirez, Adrian Martinez, Pedro Armendáriz Jr. and Nick Offerman also star in the Spanish-language film, directed by Matt Piedmont. An homage to the telenovela, Padre centers on a Mexican ranchman who gets mixed up with a local drug lord and his brother's fiancee as their father's ranch hangs in the balance.
“We cannot imagine a better vehicle than Casa de mi Padre to demonstrate how a Spanish language film can appeal to a broad mainstream audience,” said Pantelion CEO Paul Presburger. “We are enthusiastic about joining forces with NALA Films on this project and feel that Will, Matt and Andrew have proven that if it’s funny, we all laugh in the same language.”
In partnership with Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa, Pantelion Films focuses on releasing entertainment for Hispanic audiences. NALA Films financed the project.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years