Will Ferrell Comedy 'Casa de mi Padre' Picked Up By Pantelion Films
The Spanish-language film will get a March 16 release.
Pantelion Films has acquired U.S. rights to Casa de mi Padre, the NALA Films and Gary Sanchez Productions comedy starring Will Ferrell. The company plans a March 16 release.
Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Genesis Rodriguez, Efren Ramirez, Adrian Martinez, Pedro Armendáriz Jr. and Nick Offerman also star in the Spanish-language film, directed by Matt Piedmont. An homage to the telenovela, Padre centers on a Mexican ranchman who gets mixed up with a local drug lord and his brother's fiancee as their father's ranch hangs in the balance.
“We cannot imagine a better vehicle than Casa de mi Padre to demonstrate how a Spanish language film can appeal to a broad mainstream audience,” said Pantelion CEO Paul Presburger. “We are enthusiastic about joining forces with NALA Films on this project and feel that Will, Matt and Andrew have proven that if it’s funny, we all laugh in the same language.”
In partnership with Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa, Pantelion Films focuses on releasing entertainment for Hispanic audiences. NALA Films financed the project.
- Tom Cruise Is Already Working on Another Mission: Impossible
- Watch Tyler, the Creator Dress Up as the Cat in the Hat and Rap in the Name of Dr. Seuss
- Feel Nostalgic, Uncomfortable With Lifetime's First Unauthorized Full House Story Movie Clip
- Report: Jake Gyllenhaal Is Thinking About Doing the Boston Bombing Pic Stronger
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals Secrets Behind 3 Biggest Action Scenes (EXCLUSIVE)
- Best of Late Night TV: Jason Segel's Word Sneak and Tyler the Creator's Dr. Seuss Performance
- 'Mission: Impossible' Director Reveals the Crazy Action Scene You May Never See
- Tom Cruise on How 'Mission: Impossible' Raises the Emotional Stakes