Will Ferrell Comedy 'Casa de mi Padre' Picked Up By Pantelion Films
The Spanish-language film will get a March 16 release.
Pantelion Films has acquired U.S. rights to Casa de mi Padre, the NALA Films and Gary Sanchez Productions comedy starring Will Ferrell. The company plans a March 16 release.
Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Genesis Rodriguez, Efren Ramirez, Adrian Martinez, Pedro Armendáriz Jr. and Nick Offerman also star in the Spanish-language film, directed by Matt Piedmont. An homage to the telenovela, Padre centers on a Mexican ranchman who gets mixed up with a local drug lord and his brother's fiancee as their father's ranch hangs in the balance.
“We cannot imagine a better vehicle than Casa de mi Padre to demonstrate how a Spanish language film can appeal to a broad mainstream audience,” said Pantelion CEO Paul Presburger. “We are enthusiastic about joining forces with NALA Films on this project and feel that Will, Matt and Andrew have proven that if it’s funny, we all laugh in the same language.”
In partnership with Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa, Pantelion Films focuses on releasing entertainment for Hispanic audiences. NALA Films financed the project.
- After Paris, the Show Must Go on. Broadway at White House Kristen Chenoweth, Gloria Estefan, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Washington Redskins Bring Back Insensitive Thanksgiving Tradition For Another Year
- WATCH: A Thanksgiving Message From Donald Trump To His Racist Supporters
- Carrie Underwood Burns A Pumpkin Pie, Proves She's One Of Us
- Mariah Carey Hits Thanksgiving Day Parade, Sings 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' (Video)
- Prince Harry Gives Touching Tribute to Princess Diana at Children’s Centre Opening
- Jennifer Hudson Discusses Lack of Diversity in the Industry: 'It's Unfortunate'
- Adele Tour Dates 2016 Announced - 'Adele Live 2016'!