Will Ferrell Comedy 'Casa de mi Padre' Picked Up By Pantelion Films
The Spanish-language film will get a March 16 release.
Pantelion Films has acquired U.S. rights to Casa de mi Padre, the NALA Films and Gary Sanchez Productions comedy starring Will Ferrell. The company plans a March 16 release.
Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Genesis Rodriguez, Efren Ramirez, Adrian Martinez, Pedro Armendáriz Jr. and Nick Offerman also star in the Spanish-language film, directed by Matt Piedmont. An homage to the telenovela, Padre centers on a Mexican ranchman who gets mixed up with a local drug lord and his brother's fiancee as their father's ranch hangs in the balance.
“We cannot imagine a better vehicle than Casa de mi Padre to demonstrate how a Spanish language film can appeal to a broad mainstream audience,” said Pantelion CEO Paul Presburger. “We are enthusiastic about joining forces with NALA Films on this project and feel that Will, Matt and Andrew have proven that if it’s funny, we all laugh in the same language.”
In partnership with Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa, Pantelion Films focuses on releasing entertainment for Hispanic audiences. NALA Films financed the project.
- The Fantastic Four Movie Seems Really Good All of a Sudden
- Vacation’s Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo to Reunite for a Pilot With a Very Silly Name
- Frozen Duo Writing a Song for Neil Patrick Harris to Sing at the Oscars
- Sundance: Watch Robert Redford and Nick Nolte Get Ready to Hike in A Walk in the Woods
- Behati Prinsloo, Karlie Kloss & the Angels Star in Victoria's Secret Super Bowl 2015 Commercial - Watch Now!
- Mandy Moore Hinted at the Ryan Adams Split Before News Broke
- Tom Cruise Allegedly Wiretapped Nicole Kidman's Phone & More Revelations From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape in Powerful Essay