Will Ferrell Comedy 'Casa de mi Padre' Picked Up By Pantelion Films
The Spanish-language film will get a March 16 release.
Pantelion Films has acquired U.S. rights to Casa de mi Padre, the NALA Films and Gary Sanchez Productions comedy starring Will Ferrell. The company plans a March 16 release.
Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Genesis Rodriguez, Efren Ramirez, Adrian Martinez, Pedro Armendáriz Jr. and Nick Offerman also star in the Spanish-language film, directed by Matt Piedmont. An homage to the telenovela, Padre centers on a Mexican ranchman who gets mixed up with a local drug lord and his brother's fiancee as their father's ranch hangs in the balance.
“We cannot imagine a better vehicle than Casa de mi Padre to demonstrate how a Spanish language film can appeal to a broad mainstream audience,” said Pantelion CEO Paul Presburger. “We are enthusiastic about joining forces with NALA Films on this project and feel that Will, Matt and Andrew have proven that if it’s funny, we all laugh in the same language.”
In partnership with Lionsgate and Grupo Televisa, Pantelion Films focuses on releasing entertainment for Hispanic audiences. NALA Films financed the project.
- Best of Late Night TV: Ryan Reynolds Plays 'Egg Russian Roulette,' Cate Blanchett Finally Explains '#SuckIt' (VIDEO)
- James Bond Movies, Ranked From Worst to Best
- 'Sharknado 3' Snags Mark Cuban, Jerry Springer, Bo Derek, and More
- Calling All 'Divergent Series: Insurgent' Fans! Have We Got a Giveaway for You...
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'
- Natalie Dormer Stars in Hozier's New Music Video for 'Someone New' - Watch Here!
- Shia LaBeouf's Rattail Continues to Have the Web Buzzing