Oscar-Winning World War I Drama 'Wings' Returning to Silver Screen
The 1927 Academy Award-winning drama is being screened Wednesday night and May 16.
A fully restored version of Wings, which took home several honors at the first ever Academy Awards in 1929, is returning to movie theaters Wednesday and again on May 16.
Exhibitor Cinemark Theatres will present Wings on Wednesday at locations featuring Cinemark XD Extreme Digital Cinema auditoriums. And on May 16, roughly 50 more Cinemark theaters will present an encore showing of the Paramount Pictures film.
The 1927 silent World War I film was directed by William A. Wellman from a story by John Monk Saunders. The screenplay was from Hope Loing and Louis D. Lighton. At the 1929 Academy Awards, which recognized films from 1927 and 1928, Wings won awards for most outstanding production, best effects and engineering effects.
“This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Hollywood history on screen, with incredible visuals and the original score recorded by a full orchestra,” said James Meredith, vice president of marketing for Cinemark, in a statement.
This film stars Clara Bow, Charles “Buddy” Rogers and Richard Arlen. It also features Gary Cooper in one of his first film roles.
- Empire State Building Pays Tribute To Endangered Animals, Remembers Cecil The Lion
- 'Friday Night Lights' Coach Is Back With A Helpful Pep Talk
- A Fair Way to Choose Candidates for Republican Debate: Learning From the Oscars
- Candace Cameron Bure Shares Adorable Snap Of Kimmy, DJ And Stephanie On Set Of 'Fuller House'
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie
- Christina Applegate Answers Question About 80s Breakup With Brad Pitt (Video)