WME Adds Two Literary Agents to London Office
Literary agents Simon Trewin and Elizabeth Sheinkman have joined WME’s London office, the agency said Monday.
Trewin was appointed partner and head of the U.K. office’s literary department, while Sheinkman will join longtime colleague Cathryn Summerhayes in spearheading WME’s London operation.
“Both Simon and Elizabeth bring years of experience and literary prowess to our London bench,” said worldwide literary department co-head Jennifer Rudolph Walsh in a statement. “We feel like we’ve hit the jackpot with these two, and I’m looking forward to watching our U.K. book division evolve in this exciting new incarnation.”
A literary agent since 1993, Trewin most recently was a director at United Agents and an agent at Peters, Fraser and Dunlop. His clients include Andrew Miller (Ingenious Pain), Danny Wallace (Yes Man) and John Boyne (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas).
“I’m proud to be building on WME’s incredible legacy by the expansion of its U.K. literary division,” said Trewin in a statement. “I look forward to bringing new British authors into the fold and working closely with Cathryn and Elizabeth and WME’s amazing teams in London, New York and Los Angeles.”
Sheinkman comes from the Elaine Markson Agency, where she has worked alongside Curtis Brown as a senior agent and director for the past six years, representing a broad range of authors including Steve Toltz (A Fraction of the Whole), Marcel Theroux (Far North) and Kim Edwards (The Memory Keeper’s Daughter).
“WME offers tremendous resources to its writers, and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work creatively and collaboratively to help grow its international presence,” said Sheinkman.
- It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
- The Fight Over Prince’s Estate Continues to Be a Purple-Tinged Nightmare
- Bob Dylan Is Releasing a 36-Disc Set of 1966 Live Albums to Go Immediately on Your Christmas List
- Patton Oswalt Discusses Losing His Wife Michelle McNamara: ‘My ’80s Sitcom Sucks. There’s No Punch Lines.’
- Rob Kardashian Leaks Kylie Jenner's Phone Number: More Details Revealed
- Emily Blunt & John Krasinski Head to Dinner at Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Apartment
- Who Won Presidential Debate 2016? Experts Weigh In on Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump
- Pregnant Katherine Heigl Checks Out Husband Josh Kelley's Concert